• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Street Night @ NED

Torkmonsta

CEG'er
Going up to New England Dragway tonight with #2536 to see what she can do. It will be her maiden voyage down the strip. Is there anyone else that might be going or want to go?

wed. is street night...no slicks or open headers
friday is also a street night but you can run slicks and headers

im planning on going up some wed. coming up to run the GLi...waiting for a nice low humidity night so the turbo stays coooooooooooool

It was hot as hell yesterday, my best run was a crappy 15.7 That was when it had cooled down too, around 9PM. My runs when we first got there were in the 16s. 16.0 and 16.1

I go every once in a while to watch and see the other cars, plus some of my friends race.
I've never ran and i probably won't. I didn't build my car to race it and its an automatic. :troutslap:

I didn't buy this car to build it for racing either and it's basically stock. Cat-Back.. O BOY! Not even an aftermarket intake yet. I just wanted to get some runs in, say I did it and know how slow this thing is. After yesterday, I don't want to race the car again, it was embarassing how slow this car is. I'm going to use it while I'm in school cause I have no payment and the insurance is low ($270/month). Once I get out of school though, this thing is GONE and I'm gonna get something that actually has some speed behind it.

yea $150 is low lol, I was paying $371/month for my 2001 Camaro Z28 last year. So it coming down over $100 a month was low for me. :shocked:

$100, all coverage, its in my fathers name though, so it keeps the cost way down, but im on the "driver" list

like i said mines $150 full coverage and i think its wicked high...but my driving record...is um...slightly less than "good" haha, it should go down in a couple days cause i turn 25, woo! my gf's insurance is only $100 for her GLI with full coverage...damn those good drivers, damn them! haha

$100, all coverage, its in my fathers name though, so it keeps the cost way down, but im on the "driver" list
I can't WAIT to move to NH .. :)

though I just got a huge insurance decrease since officially 6+ years driving (weird MA rules) .. now $1600/yr on my Maxima. Not sure how much better it will be in NH.

I can't WAIT to move to NH .. :)

though I just got a huge insurance decrease since officially 6+ years driving (weird MA rules) .. now $1600/yr on my Maxima. Not sure how much better it will be in NH.

ouch, for my two cars this coming year its going to be a little over $1700 for the year, full coverage on one and everything but collision on the other. plus I will get a dividend check to boot.

i have 4 cars insured under my name and it is close to $2800/year.
none of them have collision coverage.
i expect that to drop almost in half once i move out of lowell.
when i lived in andover i had the hearse, van, and SVT insured with full coverage on the SVT and it cost barely $1100/year.
lowell sucks.

ouch, for my two cars this coming year its going to be a little over $1700 for the year, full coverage on one and everything but collision on the other. plus I will get a dividend check to boot.
hey .. it's better than the $2333 it was. Clean record FWIW.

Back