• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Recorded Buzz Noise Clip

bradSVT

CEG'er
Here is the buzzing noise that happens when I release the clutch and have my RPMS up to engage the clutch. This noise happens right as it engages and will still go into first if I keep releasing the clutch.

After you listen to the noise please if you have any ideas let me know. I thought it would be alot easier to get answers if I had the noise recorded so I got it to act up a couple times.

Thanks for the help!

The Buzz Noise

Thats the exact same noise I and Ob1 both have, its annoying as hell but dosent seem to be affecting the performance or drivability of the car whatsoever. Mine was done about a year ago.

Thats what it is? Ob1 and myself pondered for a while that it had to be something to do with the tob but we werent sure cause I used the spec tob, and he used a new oem ford one.

Well mine will soon enough be getting a stage 4 clutch anyways so I am not worried for now.

I dont know about that, my noise started the day I got it back from the shop, literaly putting it into gear leaving and the shop guy (tool) said it was normal with aftermarket clutches. And its done it ever since and I broke mine in right. 500 stop and go miles with NO hard launches and no power shifting, then another 400 light acceleration to heavy and some minor launches and done.

ya i used to just hear it when i was backing up and then it also started it when i had the wheel turned and then added just going straight and then even in second or thrid sometimes... just kept getting worse. it has been doing it for almost a year.

its doesnt seem to bother my car
it did it once under super hard braking
while turning right for a 90 degree corner
it does make me wanna bounce it off the fuel shut off and dump the clutch though.....

mine do that also since more than a year since i got my spec clutch and flywheel... alway the same never been worst or affected any performance.. it does it on cold start mainly on reversed and slow turning start

Back