• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Minnesota Meet Poll

Minnesota Meet Poll

• Twin Cities

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Duluth

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Mid to late August

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Other: Suggest a date people!

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Yeah I saw that...:mad: .... Thats cheap. I want a set for mine, but it will probably be awhile dangit!

I like the look of silver lights on a silfro... I probably will go black. I like the T-Red's with black. I wonder if parked car can color match T-Red to vinyl so I can get a set of vinyl eyelids..... Hmmm:shrug:

Yup, he can match it. There are some members out there that have his eyelids in t-red. But I can't remember who.

Yup, he can match it. There are some members out there that have his eyelids in t-red. But I can't remember who.

Yeah I bet he can match it, he can do anything, he's a vinyl genious ;)

This is Mike CSVT#49's painted on eyelid with black hightower.
eyelidpsjs7.jpg

from this thread :
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=5864&page=1

Some like it more than others :)

I likey... Only difference is I wanna get top and bottom eyelids.. I think they look sweeeettt..... The pic of t-red with t-red headlights didnt show up for me... I wanna see what that would look like.

I likey... Only difference is I wanna get top and bottom eyelids.. I think they look sweeeettt..... The pic of t-red with t-red headlights didnt show up for me... I wanna see what that would look like.

That might look good with t-red hightowers... I don't think I'd get the lower eyelids because it's going to block so much light, even though it does look pretty sweet.

That might look good with t-red hightowers... I don't think I'd get the lower eyelids because it's going to block so much light, even though it does look pretty sweet.
Well I cant remember what thread it was, :troutslap: my memory... But there was one where somebody said they had upper and lower ones and it really didnt block that much.... I dunno ill have to search for it.:shrug:

Somebody photoshopped this pic of my car, and I like the way it looks. Adding the bottom ones doesnt look like it cuts too much out but I dunno.

squinter.jpg

It will look even nicer when I get the Grille painted body color.

Ugh - just finished the first process of shampooing my carpet - ALL of the coffee, grease, mud, and beer stains came out - looks sooo much better then when I started. I also got my floor mats cleaned and the doors cleaned and washed. Tomorrow I'll vacuum everything out and detail the inside - this thing will look damn clean :cool:

this thing will look damn clean :cool:

Thats right... You get that bish clean:laugh: ...
My car will be gettin a cleaning sometime next week. Probably thursday or friday before the meet. Im gonna go out and buy everything to clean my baby up. I think im even gonna buy a clay bar and stuff. Anybody know where I can get all the stuff. Ive heard Zaino is good and stuff but Ive never seen it in store. Hmm... Maybe the parts stores???:shrug: :confused:

Thats right... You get that bish clean:laugh: ...
My car will be gettin a cleaning sometime next week. Probably thursday or friday before the meet. Im gonna go out and buy everything to clean my baby up. I think im even gonna buy a clay bar and stuff. Anybody know where I can get all the stuff. Ive heard Zaino is good and stuff but Ive never seen it in store. Hmm... Maybe the parts stores???:shrug: :confused:

As far as I know, Zanio is only available off their website. I might be wrong on that though. You can get a clay bar from Wall-Mart. There is a mothers kit there for about $12. Works good.

I just washed and waxed my car today. Well I also used a scratch remover. Worked rather well, the color actually stands out now. :) I didn't realize I let it get that bad before.

:) I didn't realize I let it get that bad before.
Your tellin me... Most people would prolly hit me if they saw what my car looks like right now.... It definately needs a cleaning. Though the other day I was outside and looked at it. Even through all the dust and dirt, the T-Red still glows... I love T-Red.:eek:

As far as I know, Zanio is only available off their website. I might be wrong on that though. You can get a clay bar from Wall-Mart. There is a mothers kit there for about $12. Works good.

I just washed and waxed my car today. Well I also used a scratch remover. Worked rather well, the color actually stands out now. :) I didn't realize I let it get that bad before.

I've seen representatives at different car shows and I know you could buy it through them but they might've been from Zaino. The mothers clay bar kit works nice. I've used it on a few cars and I like it. Easy to use probably takes 2-3 hours then you gotta wax it afterwards to get even better shine ;)

I've seen representatives at different car shows and I know you could buy it through them but they might've been from Zaino. The mothers clay bar kit works nice. I've used it on a few cars and I like it. Easy to use probably takes 2-3 hours then you gotta wax it afterwards to get even better shine ;)

Geez, 2-3 hours? LOL. Took me 1/2 hour for the whole car.

Geez, 2-3 hours? LOL. Took me 1/2 hour for the whole car.

Well you've got to get it nice and clean :) See my pics in the Pics and video section? I'm trying to figure this camera out before next weekend LOL and got all the dust off the old tripod that's been stashed in the closet forever :crazy:

Ugh - there is no more skin on my nuckels from scrubbing. The PO should be shot - I found 16 Bud Light bottle caps under the little riser the center sonsole mounts to in the rear and a few more under thr carpet in between there... Doors are all washed and I've just gota tackle cleaning the seats, dashes, and glass this week - Friday night will be a pressure wash, rubbing compound followed up with some poloshing compound and wax. Ugh - the end result is awesome - but getting there sucks..

I know what ya mean.. I tried to wash my car up some today. It did not go well. Anyways I should have a sizable check coming on thursday so Im gonna get the stuff then and clean the car up then and friday. I am really excited to see my car in nice clean form. Ijust gotta find all the stuff to clean it.:shrug:

I know what ya mean.. I tried to wash my car up some today. It did not go well. Anyways I should have a sizable check coming on thursday so Im gonna get the stuff then and clean the car up then and friday. I am really excited to see my car in nice clean form. Ijust gotta find all the stuff to clean it.:shrug:

You should be able to get all the stuff you need all Wal-mart for a decent price. Get the Mothers claybar kit for $12 (bar, lube and cleaner wax). Also a scratch remover ($5), and a good wax ($15 for Mcguires NTX) and you should be set. It is hard work going over your car 3-4 times but it is worth it. But after one day I had a nice layer of dust on my car...time to get some quick detailer.

You should be able to get all the stuff you need all Wal-mart for a decent price. Get the Mothers claybar kit for $12 (bar, lube and cleaner wax). Also a scratch remover ($5), and a good wax ($15 for Mcguires NTX) and you should be set. It is hard work going over your car 3-4 times but it is worth it. But after one day I had a nice layer of dust on my car...time to get some quick detailer.

I'd use Meguires Gold class over the NXT, if you like NXT you can have my half bottle :laugh: I waxed with that early this spring and it already feels like my paint could use a fresh coat. It has barely even left the garage :crazy: so that stuff doesn't seem to last very well. I've had better luck with the gold class (and its cheaper) So that's what I'm gonna be going with this next time.

And I use one of those california duster thingers to get the dust off, works like a charm.

Back