• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What is it? Glove compartment latch...?

My '98 (pre '98.5) and my '00 do not have a lockable glove box. It would be nice to have one that did lock.

Hmm. Wonder what kind of option you had to go for to get it, or maybe it came with a certain trim level? :shrug:

Could you not just switch the doors with one that does have a lock? Might be a little leg work but should be able to be done.

have you ever even seen weed other then watching half baked?
u take the weed, take out everything but the stems and seeds, put the stems and seeds in a piece of paper, wrap one side and light the side u didnt wrap.:cool:

:drool: wow u serious, where im from u either have the money or u got lucky to have no seeds

Yeah, but he's in Canada... Remember Supertroopers? Why do you think the stoner kids in the beginning were heading to Canada?

And the lock... my 96 GL had the locking glove box, my SVT does not. IIRC, like 99 or 00 they got rid of the hook thing.

I had a small garbage bag in my dad's rental Seat Altea XL, trying to attach it somewhere... was thinking of the hookie deal in the SVT.

Hmm. Wonder what kind of option you had to go for to get it, or maybe it came with a certain trim level? :shrug:

Could you not just switch the doors with one that does have a lock? Might be a little leg work but should be able to be done.

Pre-98 feature only. 98-00 never had a glovebox lock or light.

Back