• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Some cool SHO's at the convention in Kzoo

todras

Pretty fly for a white guy *cowbell*
Gen 4 Taurus with 3.4 V8. Didn't take these since camera phone pics suckorz.
IMG_2021.jpg

Boosteroni
IMG_2028.jpg

My fav car from Rochester, MI
IMG_2032.jpg

I've posted this widebody SHO before.
IMG_1956.jpg

IMG_2162.jpg

Guy from CA spun a rod bearing so they found another engine local and dropped it in!!!!
IMG_2269.jpg

Noice!
IMG_1950.jpg

Runs off ethanol!
IMG_2131.jpg

S/C'd mint SHO! Superb sounding whine.
IMG_2209.jpg

SHO's are pretty sweet cars, I used to have an 95 ATX, although I wish it were a 5speed. I like my CSVT better tho...:laugh:

They are rated at 240hp but the ATX sucks the life out. They are a terror on the expressway. Don't ask. LOL! 2 V8's at the convention were converted to MTX's! One has the Mazda 6s trans and the other has the ancient MTX-IV. The guy with the 6 trans is about a full second faster than an ATX SHO. Man that thing would be fun to drive.

You're kidding right? Let me know when you convert a 15 year old car to run E85 and also be turbocharged.
Whatever mods are done to the car thats great but the meat grinder hanging out of the hood looks like ass IMO notice i said IMO if it isn't worth .01 to you then so be it but do me a favor and dont get your damn panties in a wad!:rolleyes:

Whatever mods are done to the car thats great but the meat grinder hanging out of the hood looks like ass IMO notice i said IMO if it isn't worth .01 to you then so be it but do me a favor and dont get your damn panties in a wad!:rolleyes:

I talked to that guy for a while at the TP meet, seemed like a cool guy ...all that stuff he built from scratch at home, so it's pretty good for a DIY job IMO. :cool:

Of course, it would look a lot nicer if it was cleaned up though.

is that green one with the cowl from CA? looks like a guy from LA named Rick. he has a 500hp 2nd gen that is sooooo clean, and fast!

i told you guys that my buddy is having his gen III sho converted to manual. you guys said it was practically impossible. he was pissed to see this on V8SHO.com since his car isnt ready yet. he's getting a turbo and manual in his SHO. its costing him somewhere around $12k! :help:

yeah, gen IIIs seem to suck around town but are nice on the highways. they drive very well at high speeds.

as far as power, when my 3L csvt dynoed at 221fwhp my buddy said wait till you see mine, which proceed to dyno around 170fwhp (with a few minor mods). he almost cried :laugh:

Back