• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Clarification on item in UIM/LIM rebuild procedure.

MarkO

New CEG'er
My '98 LS 'tique has a cylinder 2 misfire. I've eliminated the plugs, wires and coilpack so that leaves me with a bad fuel injector. I don't get much of a fuel smell from the exhaust.

I've studied the UIM/LIM rebuild procedure and I'm unsure about the following line.

20. You can now reposition the fuel rail with the injectors still in the rail so that you can work at removing the injectors and the fuel rail to intake manifold seals. It is recommended that you remove the fuel rail prior to removal of the injectors as residual fuel can drain directly into the cylinders.

Can I pull that injector without removing the fuel rail or is it absolutely necessary to pull the fuel rail ? I want to do the least amount of invasive work as possible.

Thanks.

define removing the fuel rail ... to get the injectors out you have to remove the fuel rail from the LIM but you don't have to disconnect it from the fuel lines and set it aside to get the injectors out ....

Back