• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Born from Jets! Built by Trolls! My new ride!

Fmr12B

Hard-core CEG'er
Picked it up Friday the 20th in Houston and drove the 1900 miles home. Car now has 13,000 miles on it.

2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Chili red metallic
2.8L V6 Turbo
250hp/258tq
6-spd manual
Parchment/black interior
235/45/17's on 7.5" wheels
Fully loaded with cold weather & conveniance packages.

Knowing CEG everyone will chime in telling me what I should have bought.

Well, I was going to buy a CTS-V but after doing multiple test drives and knowing the horrors of the build quality and warranty hell I had to pass on it. Perhaps Cadillac will get it right in 2009.

I also was seriously considering a Mazdaspeed6 but after driving the Aero and MS6 back to back it was clear the Aero was more suited to me. MS6 was not as refined, not nearly as good looking, loud on the highway, I love the old 6S design but the redesign makes the current MS6 look weird. Plus I was not a fan of the exterior color choices on the '07s. The other problem with the MS6 is documented on the MS6 forums, a problematic rear diff and weak clutch.

After 1900 miles I really like this car more than I expected I would. I acheived 28mpg with the cruise set at 85mph. The NightPanel is pure genius and should be in every car. Seats are very comfy and the interior is considerably larger, love the adjustable arm-rest. Only gripe is the shifter feel and long throws. The self-leveling Xenons are awesome for night driving. The rain sensing wipers I thought would be gimmicky, but ended up being damn useful. Even the factory stereo is pretty decent with the Aux in and 6-disc in-dash changer powered by 300W.

You can imagine the car needs a detail after 1900 miles of thunderstorm driving, my god the downpours I drove through in west Texas and New Mexico. So here is a pic of the car the dealer took:

06Saab93_11k_large.jpg

I was waiting for you to start a thread with what you bought, after reading...

Fmr12B said:
$980/month does hurt the retirement savings though.

Did you take a 3 year loan out on it?

Mark

Nice car. I'd love to have the V6, but my little 4 banger does a nice job too. I thought the same the about the wipers at first, but the auto setting is almost all I use now. The xenons make most people question what is wrong with my lights the first time they ride in the car.

I was waiting for you to start a thread with what you bought, after reading...

Did you take a 3 year loan out on it?

Mark

0 down 2yr loan. Tax & Title not included. Got a great rate at 5.6% so I chose the 2yr financing. Will be paid off sooner once the CSVT sells.

Beautiful ride.:cool: I think it would have looked better if the door dings were body color and also without having the black strip on the bumpers.

Last edited:
Well it still has a turbo v6 with a 6 speed. It can't be a freakin' tank. Just looking for a little more info on the car

Mid 6's and mid 14's. It shines in 3rd -5th gear passing power.

Car is no stop light racer, Pete (Mapoftazi) hit the nail on the head in this one. It's a Luxo sport-sedan. It will never see the track.

If you want more oomph BSR sells a software upgrade that increases HP & TQ by about 40.

I'm not convinced your clients will find the rear seat any roomier than the SVT, but it is certainly a beautiful car!!

I'm not convinced your clients will find the rear seat any roomier than the SVT, but it is certainly a beautiful car!!

It really is that much roomier. It is built on the same platform as the G6 and Aura so it's considerably larger with quite a bit more leg & a lot more headroom.

Thanks for the compliment Matty!

Back