• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contour has now been out of production longer than it was in production

96RedSE5Sp

Hard-core CEG'er
Am I late in just noticiing this?

It was produced for 5 1/2 years - from August 15, 1994 to about May of 2000. That was 6 1/2 years ago.

Am I late in just noticiing this?

It was produced for 5 1/2 years - from August 15, 1994 to about May of 2000. That was 6 1/2 years ago.

Actually, Mexican production of the CDW27 ended in October of 2000 [fleet cars]. I found some "October 2000" cars for sale via Carfax. So, 6 year ago this month.

UAS/Kansas City ended the cars in late winter 2000. Switched to Escapes.

I too see a lot of sad Gen II SHO's. Hopefully the contique will fair better with keeping up. I know SHO parts are really expensive, hopefully ours won't be that way.

Come to think of it, I have yet to see a trashed out Contour. I was just commenting to my son the other day how good my 96 still looks. The paint has not faded at all. Still shines like new. Other than the dings and scrapes my wife put on it, still looks good. :laugh:

Come to think of it, I have yet to see a trashed out Contour. I was just commenting to my son the other day how good my 96 still looks. The paint has not faded at all. Still shines like new. Other than the dings and scrapes my wife put on it, still looks good. :laugh:

your not looking in the right spots then, most of the ones I see are beat ... but every so often you see a good one

your not looking in the right spots then, most of the ones I see are beat ... but every so often you see a good one

ya seriously, I see alot that simply dont look road worthy [almost like its a competition to see how many car accidents you can get in before you actually have to fix or junk it]. I have a number of photos that I've never posted simply as a courtosy to the members.

:laugh: I stand corrected. Down here in south Texas, we don't get all that harsh winter weather. Except an occasional hurricane during the summer.

Back