• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Not Happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

csvt2200

Veteran CEG'er
June 29th I sent $175 to HightowerGT for an origional set of Hightower headlights. Below is proof, I copied and pasted from my paypal account.

Jun. 29, 2007 Payment To Hightower Performance Products Completed
pixel.gif
-$175.00 USD $0.00 USD
Jun. 29, 2007 Transfer From Credit Card Completed
pixel.gif
$175.00 USD $0.00 USD $175.00 USD

Only prob, I STILL HAVE NOT SEEN MY HEADLIGHTS! Last I heard from him was earlier last week when he said he'd "try" to get them out in the next couple days... So if anyone knows him personally, please try to find out what's up and let me know ASAP! It's not like i've been impatient, the 29th which is exactly a week form today, it will be a MONTH since i sent him the money!:mad:

Well his wife did have his kid not too long ago, so that may be part of why he's been so busy. Not like I'm making excuses for him or anything.

Well, of anyone on the site screwing you over, I wouldn't be worried about Hightower doing it. Hopefully he'll get them to you shortly.

Rick

A lot of us veterans know Chris very well. He would be the last person to screw anyone over.
He should take care of it soon.

A lot of us veterans know Chris very well. He would be the last person to screw anyone over.
He should take care of it soon.

Uh oh if hes friends with Rara that means it will take him a while to get things done :laugh:

Well, this is the first I have seen this thread. It was completely unnecessary since we where communicating just fine with private messages. The headlights where mailed out today.

For everyone else's reading enjoyment, the reason for the delay was because of personal family problems. Feel free to check out Mushu's thread in CI asking for advice on finding rehab for her sister.

That, and yes we do have a 6.5 month old little girl that does tend to distract from other priorities (thanks Kim).

Cody, enjoy knowing that you own THE ORIGINAL "Hightower Headlights" that started it all (even the copiers)

-C

Well I apologize for this thread, I was just getting a lil mad that it had almost been a month and I hadn't seen the headlights yet. I just got my wheels yesterday and my tires will be in later this week, so new wheels/tires and headlights on my car this weekend makes me feel alot better!:laugh:

They'll probably have really large thumb prints on them.

No thumb prints, but NOT HAPPY at all once again, because I was told that they needed a "little" sanding... Far from little, I'll be lucky if I can sand these out to look anything like I was hoping for. You'd think when buying something that was named after someone that you could expect something great, well not in this case...:nonono:

No thumb prints, but NOT HAPPY at all once again, because I was told that they needed a "little" sanding... Far from little, I'll be lucky if I can sand these out to look anything like I was hoping for. You'd think when buying something that was named after someone that you could expect something great, well not in this case...:nonono:

Looks like you managed just fine.

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=16035

/thread

Last edited:
I'm not aware of the whole story, but from the pictures they don't look that hazed. Consider the fact that they were original headlights (hence the "Original Hightowers") that were on the car for many years, they're not half as bad as I would expect.

Yeah, lil bit of work but they turned out alright. Still need a lil more polish'n and eyelids and they'll be on my car, can't wait!

Yeah they do look better. But you can def tell that those lenses are shot.

The problem with wet sanding is you will have to wet sand them over and over again in 4-6 months. :blackeye:

I wet sanded mine 2 times then i just ordered all new ones.

For 175 dollars, Sorry man with no disrespect to you. That is way too high of a price for old faded headlights that are painted or rubbed off inside to be black.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back