• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

95 GL Duratec V6

mzracer360

Veteran CEG'er
After a wash/sap removal/wax:

I was only able to get 1 good rear shot, my camera likes to take pictures too dark, or too bright. I need to go deep down through all it's settings and see how to change it. Im using a Canon PowerShot A40.

wow, I dont think I have ever seen white shine like that on a contour... I mean, on my corolla it shines like that if not better... But damn what wax did you use? It looks like NXT

I used the Mothers California Gold cleaner wax that came with the Mothers detailing clay.

I used the Mothers California Gold cleaner wax that came with the Mothers detailing clay.

Very nice, clay bars = awesome..

A suggestion though, to get a deeper shine out of a lighter color paint... in your case white... Go with a Synthetic. A great value for money synthetic wax is Meguiars NXT, even in the spray bottle form is does amazing work. I suggest picking some up and doing another coat... After all Clearner wax is actually only designed to clean the paint and leave a thin layer of wax to prepare the paint for a stronger 2nd coat.

Very shiny! Did you do it by hand? Mine needs a good waxing, I haven't waxed it in a year.

I'm in the same boat you are with the wheel situation.

Yep, all by hand; washed it, then sprayed on bug/tar remover and worked on that for a long time, then finished with clay bar and cleaner wax. Tomorrrow I will be getting some Meguiars NXT and a super pass to the SCCA Nationals! :D

When I bought the hubcaps I thought about the spinners, just to be funny, but decided the split five spokes looked better for the price!

Back