• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tornado!

CSVT1214

Addicted CEG'er
Tornado watch went into effect for Hartford County right when I left work. It got cloudy and started raining heavy when I was leaving, but I didn't hear any weather reports until I got in the car. I was listenin to the radio on the way home and most of the stations were talking about weather.

The closer I got to home, the worse it was getting. I almost pulled over and turned back, but I pushed through. A tornado actually touched down about 10 mins away from my house and continued down the Route 6 area around the Terryville/Bristol line area. So far I've heard there was a significant amount of damage done, but information is still mixed.

Listening to the radio on the way home, it was saying that the storm was moving away from my home area and moving towards me passing by each town I was going through on the way home.

At one point the sky got so dark, all the highway street lights came on, and I could barely see the car in front of me with the darkness and rain coming down.

Anyways, home now relaxing. :cool:

Tornado watch went into effect for Hartford County right when I left work. It got cloudy and started raining heavy when I was leaving, but I didn't hear any weather reports until I got in the car. I was listenin to the radio on the way home and most of the stations were talking about weather.

The closer I got to home, the worse it was getting. I almost pulled over and turned back, but I pushed through. A tornado actually touched down about 10 mins away from my house and continued down the Route 6 area around the Terryville/Bristol line area. So far I've heard there was a significant amount of damage done, but information is still mixed.

Listening to the radio on the way home, it was saying that the storm was moving away from my home area and moving towards me passing by each town I was going through on the way home.

At one point the sky got so dark, all the highway street lights came on, and I could barely see the car in front of me with the darkness and rain coming down.

Anyways, home now relaxing. :cool:

hmm...should I drive home?

Whats the worst that could happen??
MargaretHamiltoninTheWizardOfOz.jpg

I came down route 6 on my way home about the same time. I had a CD in (well sort of it kept skipping, stupid factory radio) so I didn't hear the weather reports. It was crazy dark and I know I had my high beams on at one point to see the cars in front of me. Now that I think about it the tornado would explain why that cow and all those sheep flew over my hood whie I was passing walmart. :crazy: Ahh well.

I made it home just fine! It was only really bad rain around the exit 32 area on 84. Must have missed it because my part of hartford was fine.

I'll tell you what I don't like...people who drive with their lights off in torrential rainfall!! argh!!

Back