• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Good quality floor mats, do they exist?

Bozack

CEG'er
Just wondering if there was any pair or set of universally recommended floor mats, I am still using my original SVT ones and they are in nice shape with the exception of the driver mat which has a good deal of heel wear. Any suggestions apprecaited.

i have found that the rubber mats that autozone has are medium quality. thats what came with my car used. i still have them and do like them.

i typically just use aftermarket ones until i sell the car. just like i try to use seat covers, i keep all the factory spec stuff in mint condition by not using it, then when i go to sell the car, i return it to how it was. in this case, you could just get the ford factory floor mats, but until then, just find a design you like and get that. aftermarkets are typically good quality, especially rubber ones, and tend to cost a lot less.

If it is only the driver's one that has heel wear, you may be able to hide it. BrApple covered his heel marks with a steel plate to match his pedals. IMO of course it's not as good as new floor mats but it's definitely an aesthetically pleasing alternative.

rubber mats are the best imo because they are cheap and easy to clean. after living in new england, this is the best alternative because you can use whatever mat you want underneith that is sheilded from the elements.

I sold my original SVT mats in perfect shape on eBay. Then I had the set from my parts car which were nasty and beat to hell drivers mat.

I steamed cleaned all the mats, and bought an Autovation heel guard to match my pedals. The mats looks brand new again and you would never have a clue the drivers mat is worn like hell. :cool:

rubber mats are the best imo because they are cheap and easy to clean. after living in new england, this is the best alternative because you can use whatever mat you want underneith that is sheilded from the elements.

I just take my floor mats out until the summer, and leave just a heavy rubber mat in. Snow and salt and dirt will still get underneath to your good floor mats.

In Walmart, they have these super heavy rubber floor mats for SUVs and trucks, with really deep channels. They cover the entire floor area. $7 for passenger and drivers, another $7 for the 2 rears. They weigh about 3 pounds per mat.

Back