• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dent Protector

Joey Contour

CEG'er
I'm not sure if I am using the the right terminology but I want to remove the dent protector off the door. I have seen other cars on the forum without it and it makes the car so much cleaner. The only thing I'm worried about is the 8 year of dirt built up under the protector. I hoping that it will buff out but I was wondering if anyone else has had any problems removing the dent protector.

I'm not sure if I am using the the right terminology but I want to remove the dent protector off the door. I have seen other cars on the forum without it and it makes the car so much cleaner. The only thing I'm worried about is the 8 year of dirt built up under the protector. I hoping that it will buff out but I was wondering if anyone else has had any problems removing the dent protector.
Unless your doors have been repainted (which happened in my case, left a big strip of clear coat) you should have virtually no problems whatsoever.

You also might have some problems if you have a darker car or faded paint. Nothing a good machine polisher can't handle though IMO.

That write up is perfect. I’m going to try to take them off this weekend.

Unless your doors have been repainted (which happened in my case, left a big strip of clear coat) you should have virtually no problems whatsoever.

I will check to see if there is clear under the door dings. I know the car was painted once before I got it because there was overspray on the engine when I bought the car.

Thanks for the help!

Back