• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cold air intake question

alright, will an air box from any year work? also,will need to find a junkyard around here, could be hard im not sure.

JUST DO IT!~

worry about finding a stocker when you sell the thing. Hell, by that time the only people that will likely buy the car will be some CEG'r or some kid and they likely wont care anyway.

i use yellowpages.com to find local junkyards. and you shouldn't have to worry about getting ones from different years, as odds are good you'll find one of your body style in your local yard.

the problem is, those have 4 screw holes for the v6, the zetec only has 2 or atleast thats how it looked.

Zetec MAFs don't need an adapter. Go take a second look, you'll see....

They have a round sleeve that connects to the airbox. Just stick your cone filter or tubing right on that.

i have a couple extra maf adaptors. if anyone wants one, just gimme the money for shipping. they need to be drilled, but that's cheap and easy. my maf on my zetec is round at both ends, so it didn't need an adaptor like my last car did.

Off of personal experience, I have had the intake setup that dyaballikl had, the sleeper z intake setup, and the makeshift intake from the autoparts store. The one dyaballikl had pullled in too much air for me and the car had some serios lag under full throttle. When I got the Sleeper z intake, it worked really well, but still had a bit of low end lag (seems to be ideal for MTX75 trannies instead of the CD4E) I'm about to buy one off of ebay becaues the heat that builds up in the back of the engine bay melted one of the brackets. the car ran like crap and I think it actually sucked a couple of peices of plastic into the engine. It doesnt seem like it did anything, but I'm still on my guard because it only happened last week.

I'd say do what you want, but the best CAI for the buck is the focus CAI off ebay. and if you do get the autoparts intake , beware of the breaking brackets.

Off of personal experience, I have had the intake setup that dyaballikl had, the sleeper z intake setup, and the makeshift intake from the autoparts store. The one dyaballikl had pullled in too much air for me and the car had some serios lag under full throttle. When I got the Sleeper z intake, it worked really well, but still had a bit of low end lag (seems to be ideal for MTX75 trannies instead of the CD4E) I'm about to buy one off of ebay becaues the heat that builds up in the back of the engine bay melted one of the brackets. the car ran like crap and I think it actually sucked a couple of peices of plastic into the engine. It doesnt seem like it did anything, but I'm still on my guard because it only happened last week.

I'd say do what you want, but the best CAI for the buck is the focus CAI off ebay. and if you do get the autoparts intake , beware of the breaking brackets.

i got the ebay short ram and love it.

pulled in too much air causing lag? how does that work?
The only thing I can think of is if the stock MAF housing isn't used and the a/m one is larger it would change the airflow characteristics and cause the MAF to give false readings, this can be fixed with a tune. When I put the intake on the Fusion that's what happened and the tune corrected it.

The only thing I can think of is if the stock MAF housing isn't used and the a/m one is larger it would change the airflow characteristics and cause the MAF to give false readings, this can be fixed with a tune. When I put the intake on the Fusion that's what happened and the tune corrected it.

i just did the pull the negative battery cable for 5 minutes, then run it for about 20 miles, and it works just fine for me, i don't notice any lag off the line.

Back