• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Umm... OOPS??

cnewton44

Hard-core CEG'er
Ok so I knew there had to be water in my fog lights, because I blew the factory bulb. I then got a set of Silverstars and that one blew. So I took the light out and this is what I found:
IMG_0774.jpg

And this is the bulb:
IMG_0771.jpg

Now the only question I have is: Do I need to bake open the foglight to clean out and repair the inside?
Yes I know im cheap. I will not go buy a new one. I fugure I can just fix this one instead of paying 75 for a new one.:laugh:

Edit: Would Silicone caulking work for resealant?

Last edited:
The fog lights aren't the same for the mercury and ford, are they? If the they were, then I would say I have a set of extra fog lens's laying around. :(

The fog lights aren't the same for the mercury and ford, are they? If the they were, then I would say I have a set of extra fog lens's laying around. :(
No their not. That I know of... Mine are rectangular.

I kinda wanna use this as a learning experience to maybe do my headlights soon too.:laugh:

Hmm, maybe you can bake them open the same as you can with the headlights? Then you can seal them up with some silicone sealer. It's worth a shot :shrug:.

you could check ebay, that is if your willing to spend some amount of money on them. their definitively not 75 if i remember correctly.

Ehh.. Still too much anyways:laugh: .... Besides ive got some "Special" things in line for the ones I already have.. They should be pretty sweet when their done.

Coming Along Nicely!!

Coming Along Nicely!!

Well today is the second day I have spent with these things. I think its going good!:cool:

I cleaned up the lenses and am in the middle of clearcoating them.
The light housings are gettin redone too. Im hoping the caulk I am using will be ok for heat and water.

lenses.jpg

housings.jpg

Back