• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Listen Up SVT owners!!! you have to call this *******!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does your dash even peel up like that? Now there are only 5 SVT Contours in all of Ottawa. I own 1 and I have seen 2 others, a black one and said red one. BOTH had the gay dash curl. My dash has a huge black panel across the front defroster/heater vent thats screwed down to the dash so I don't see it ever happening in my car. That thing would have to be missing on their cars.

You guys are pathetic. What you should be doing is calling him up, pointing him to this site and how to fix that dash problem.
:nonono: :rolleyes:
There are better things to do in life than to be a prick to random strangers.
Get over yourselves.

This has got to be one of the stupidest things I have ever heard... Racist?...HA!!!! What he said would be no different than English people saying "Those bloody Americans".... Or candians saying "Those stupid Americans"..... DERR DERR DERR:troutslap:

For some english canadian... hating french canadian is that bad IMO, some really hate us for the fact of not speaking the same language... so i call that racism

Enough said about this.... that guy is stupid to have wrote that on the car i agree with everybody on this

For some english canadian... hating french canadian is that bad IMO, some really hate us for the fact of not speaking the same language... so i call that racism

yeah well if you knew anything about race and, subsequently, racism - you'd know that you're a retard and the term you're looking for is prejudige. or discrimination would work as well.

canadians and french canadians are not a seperate race. fool.

How does your dash even peel up like that? Now there are only 5 SVT Contours in all of Ottawa. I own 1 and I have seen 2 others, a black one and said red one. BOTH had the gay dash curl. My dash has a huge black panel across the front defroster/heater vent thats screwed down to the dash so I don't see it ever happening in my car. That thing would have to be missing on their cars.
That black piece is the dash curl "fix." Provided by Ford via recall from 2001-2003, or something to the tune of $79 in parts after 2003.

This was a recalled item but stupidly they ended the recall in 2003. Many Contours didn't even exhibit dash curl symptoms until after the recall ended. I had a friend whose dash didn't start curling till 2005, and in one year it got so bad it was touching the windshield. Just another fine Ford dealership/corporate decision that keeps customers from coming back.

yeah well if you knew anything about race and, subsequently, racism - you'd know that you're a retard and the term you're looking for is prejudige. or discrimination would work as well.

canadians and french canadians are not a seperate race. fool.

My wife is singaporean, so i do know thing about race :)

and sorry if dont speak english enough to know the term prejudige, my bad...

My wife is singaporean, so i do know thing about race :)

and sorry if dont speak english enough to know the term prejudige, my bad...

it doesn't have anything to do with what language you speak. racism is racism, and that's not what you described when you just threw it out there. i'm sure there's a word for it in whatever language you do speak.

your wife is from singapore...so tell me, what race is she then??

it doesn't have anything to do with what language you speak. racism is racism, and that's not what you described when you just threw it out there. i'm sure there's a word for it in whatever language you do speak.
your wife is from singapore...so tell me, what race is she then??

Dude, why are you being a prick. The guy speaks French and English as his second language. He clearly said he got mixed up on the terms and even apologized for the mix up. Lay off. :nonono:

Dude, why are you being a prick. The guy speaks French and English as his second language. He clearly said he got mixed up on the terms and even apologized for the mix up. Lay off. :nonono:

bull. racist is a term that gets thrown around too loosely nowadays. there are words for both racism and prejudice in french, but the definition(s) are the same as the english words...and actually the spellings are pretty much the same too. So it's not a mix up unless you can't even speak your own language.

and thanks rouar for pointing out the typo, though i can actually spell the word. :blackeye:

Last edited:
ok that fine i apologize already !

Its not the term i should have used, i know that now...

its just that if the guy was having lets say a manitoba or alberta licence plate the guy wont have say this albertan piece of ***** and its clearly refering to that deep hatered against us that last since a few century now

sorry again guy

bull. racist is a term that gets thrown around too loosely nowadays. there are words for both racism and prejudice in french, but the definition(s) are the same as the english words...and actually the spellings are pretty much the same too. So it's not a mix up unless you can't even speak your own language.

and thanks rouar for pointing out the typo, though i can actually spell the word. :blackeye:

well if you just so happen to know the true def of racist please enlighten me

ok that fine i apologize already !

Its not the term i should have used, i know that now...

its just that if the guy was having lets say a manitoba or alberta licence plate the guy wont have say this albertan piece of ***** and its clearly refering to that deep hatered against us that last since a few century now

sorry again guy

I appreciate why you're offended. I've done the same in the past, cursed french drivers just because they have a quebec license plate. The reality is that almost all drivers around here suck, french and english. ;)

Prejudice is deep rooted in our society, unfortunately. However, it's mostly superficial and idealogical without hatred and violence, I think. Overall, french and english speaking Canadians work well together. What concerns me more is ethnic segregation and poverty which is a growing issue throughout Canada.

bull. racist is a term that gets thrown around too loosely nowadays. there are words for both racism and prejudice in french, but the definition(s) are the same as the english words...and actually the spellings are pretty much the same too. So it's not a mix up unless you can't even speak your own language. :blackeye:

Maybe 'racist' gets thrown around because the term and concept of race is inherently flawed and largely considered to be ambiguous.

By some definitions of race, there is a difference in race between many European 'Caucasian' ethnicities. It could be said that racism has existed between the citizens of France, England and Germany throughout points in history, but to most of us now they're all crackers.

I would argue that the term racism is applicable here. Prejudice against quebecois Canadians goes beyond language and culture and often includes physical traits and thereby racism by most definitions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back