• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I can't post

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're posting right now. :confused:
Are you talking about the classifieds? Read this under the classifieds link:
POST CLASSIFIED ADS HERE ONLY! Note: You must have been registered for 30 days and have 50 posts before you can post ads.

I wrote that because I had just written a two fingered typing long post and it told me I could not post so I will attempt it again.

I have a 96 mercury Mystique that I want to part out. I can not list it in the classifieds as I don't have 50 posts here. I originally joined this site for trouble shooting advice and found all my answers via search as opposed to asking questions that had been asked a million times. Doing things the right way was my ultimate demise. My son dumped a lot of money into this car and ultimately overheated it to the point of frying the rings. He can't afford to fix it. I don't want to send it to the scrap yard for peanuts. My wife wants it out of here as we have three unregistered vehicles in the driveway now and need to get rid of them. I would like to help him recover some of his loss. What I need to know is how I could possibly post here or where else can I post where it will be seen by the right group of interested enthusiasts. Thanks Rod

Many of the local forums have a classifieds topic stickied that does not require a post count. This may be more relevant since your car can't really be driven or shipped.

The point of the limitations in the national classifieds was discussed here last week.

I have a 96 mercury Mystique that I want to part out. I can not list it in the classifieds as I don't have 50 posts here. I originally joined this site for trouble shooting advice and found all my answers via search as opposed to asking questions that had been asked a million times.
Yeah, I know the feeling: I'm 48, a professional, two engineering degrees, owned my '99 SVTC since 1999 when I bought it as a Ford employee. I have 5 posts here (now 6...), and I have an NIB MTX-75 Quaife differential and an MTX-75 trans pulled from a '98 SVTC that was rolled with ~5K miles. I've no plans to use either one, and I want them out from underfoot, but I can't post them in the CEG classifieds, and as much as I complain about the low SNR here, I refuse to post-whore my way to 50 posts, so, off to eBay they go.

Gary Morrell
1985 Mustang SVO
1989 Taurus SHO
1999 SVT Contour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back