• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Where The ???? Is That Vacuum Line

scavenger

New CEG'er
I Have A Few Questions, And Need Some Help,
I Have Searched This Vehichle For The Vacuum Line, Or At Least The Other Nipple So I Can Fabricate A Vacuum Line For It.
First Question : On My 2.0 Dohc 1995 Contour
There Is A Black Box With A Vacuum Nipple On The Top Of It,this Black Box Is On The Drivers Side Of The Vehicle Under The Battery. Is This The Pulse Air Filter Housing. If So, I Cant Find The Vacuum Line Thats Supposed To Be There.
2nd: Where Is The Other End Of The Vacuum Line Connect To?
3rd: Is There Even Supposed To Be A Vacuum Line There? My Vehicle Keeps Failing Etest Hc Ppm 30 Above. But Passed Everything Else .
Detailed Help Would Be Appreciated, Thanks

I just looked in my Ford Service CD for 1998, no pulse air, only the troublesome VCT. I was curious, and Googled, is it like what is shown here Pulse Air? They mention vacuum line goes to a solenoid..I looked at Tony's link to Autozone, emission controls, looks you may not have the Pulse Air, just EGR. I believe your mystery hose is the hose on the black trans cover, which is supposed to be open on one end for air venting!:

IMG_2378.jpg

The hose by front battery hold down is the transmission vent. It doesn't connect to anything on the top end.

The US Contours do not have pulse air injectors. That may have been a feature of some of the European Mondeo models.

Back