• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Last weekend

Aussie Ford

Hard-core CEG'er
Well I know that a lot of folks like the pre 98 look and change their trunks and tails to that style. However we are not all alike and I did my wife's in reverse to that, changing a pre 98 to a 98+.
Before
95 Tour Trunk.jpg

After
95 Tour Trunk 2.jpg
It is actually a 95 Mystique trunk in the right color and even year. I told my wife I was washing the car for her (which I did), and she said how nice it looked, but I'd bet she doesn't know what happened yet :laugh: :laugh:

The spoiler and side skirts are next, gotta paint them :laugh: (maybe she'll notice the spoiler)

btw the parts are laying around, if someone needs them we can deal.
Regards,
AF

being a huge LED monster, i would have some serious fun with that 98+ light panel. i could do some real damage with the blinkers and brake lights in that, using led's. otherwise, i certainly prefer the pre-98 style.

being a huge LED monster, i would have some serious fun with that 98+ light panel. i could do some real damage with the blinkers and brake lights in that, using led's. otherwise, i certainly prefer the pre-98 style.

Well that sounds like a hoot LED's hmmmmm! How about a PM out lining some of your thoughts about that. I haven't worked with LED's, but I thought there should be some lights in that reflector too. After all it is a big area that just begs for illumination.

[I told my wife I was washing the car for her (which I did), and she said how nice it looked, but I'd bet she doesn't know what happened yet :laugh: :laugh:]

My Dear Bride has put up with me for almost 30yrs. She has a CDL with 7 endorsements on it and can drive anything with wheels. However when it comes to cars she doesn't even check the oil.

Yesterday she came into the garage to tell me something and saw the trunk lid I switched off of her Tour. She says what's that? is that the same color as my car??? and went on to tell me about some flower she was planting.

ROFL:laugh:

AF

[I told my wife I was washing the car for her (which I did), and she said how nice it looked, but I'd bet she doesn't know what happened yet :laugh: :laugh:]

My Dear Bride has put up with me for almost 30yrs. She has a CDL with 7 endorsements on it and can drive anything with wheels. However when it comes to cars she doesn't even check the oil.

Yesterday she came into the garage to tell me something and saw the trunk lid I switched off of her Tour. She says what's that? is that the same color as my car??? and went on to tell me about some flower she was planting.

ROFL:laugh:

AF

haha, that's genius. i had a girlfriend who never changed her oil for about 20k miles, then it started to run like crap. i pulled the valve cover off her engine and showed her the true definition of engine gunk. that's a great, cheap way of demonstrating the importance of changing your oil!

Back