• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

bigs up front small in back

elraido

I kant speel
Dumb question. Due to the fun of owning a house I am only going to be able to afford 2 tires the next couple pay checks. I was planning on getting the 225/50/16's all around. Right now I have 205/55/16's all around. I NEED new tires up front (hole in one of them too close to the side wall to repair)....sooooooo, Can I run the 225's up front and have the 205's in the rear for a little while? Or is that going to mess things up too much and just look dumb?

if you have ABS (which based on the tire size im assuming your asking about for the SVT which does) then it will trip the ABS light and that IIRC disables the ABS. if you dont mind having no ABS for a litle while then you will probably be fineuntil you can get a matching set for the rear.

You shouldn't have any problems with that combination. A 225/50R16 and a 205/55R16 have almost identical revolutions per mile so you should be ok. It will just look a little goofy. I had to do the same thing for a while and had no problems at all.

Last edited:
Right now I have 225 on the rears and 215 on the front due to the same financial reason... Haven't had any problems and the ABS light does not come on- I don't plan on having them mis-matched for that much longer though

225's on Front ?

225's on Front ?

Does anyone use this with stock svt wheels? Would like to know cause I like the look of them compared to 205s. I would like to end up putting 225 on front and a 235 on rear if they make them.. .but havent found any 235 yet.. Help.

Does anyone use this with stock svt wheels? Would like to know cause I like the look of them compared to 205s. I would like to end up putting 225 on front and a 235 on rear if they make them.. .but havent found any 235 yet.. Help.

I would think 235 would rub. From what I understand on the 225/50/16 is about as big as you can go on a stock SVT rim.

^^^^^dude...you have it WRONG, it doesnt matter that you dont have the same size persay, but the thing is where you put the bigger ones. Relax noob.

elraido, my post has nothing to do with your question, sorry.

Last edited:
I personally would run the bigger ones in the back and out the others to the front till you can get a matching set since the back of the car really doesnt do an awful lot per say. 225's look killer on a lowered svt on stockers. that is what I ran on mine.

Back