• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Trolls UNITE!

Swazo

Hard-core CEG'er
I posted this in the pic section a bit ago, not sure if you all got to check it out. http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=14831

I'm still waiting on my new Volant intake and Xcal2 :help: I'm dying to revamp my exhaust setup. Then I'm going to also add a 3 inch body lift and some 18X9.5 American Racing Mojave wheels coated in teflon. No SC'er in the plans anymore, just bolt-on type NA mods. A "real" lift kit isn't worth while on this truck since the most it will ever see is a dirt trail. My leveling kit, an add-a-leaf and a body lift will be more than enough.

I'm leaving out Impala pics until she's done, BTW. I'm taking a note from Taylor this time around :laugh:

There are a lot of things I would do to my truck if I was in a "money doesn't matter" position:

1. Stillen SC
2. Fabtech 6" lift
3. 35" or bigger tires

Instead, I'm sticking to replacing the speakers and other stereo components and when the tires go bald, get the 3" spacers and rear AAL and get slightly oversized BFG A/Ts. An intake/exhaust may be in the future, but I'm doubtful. One exhaust mod Ill be doing myself (did I mention I bought a welder?) is the y-pipe mod. The Frontier has a very similar problem to Contours, 2 pipes crushed together into 1. I'm planning on fixing that soon!

Since we're talkin' mods on our troll-mobiles:
I've got a clear bra (which I'm happy with now that the guys removed the bubbles), 50% tint on the sides, 35% on the back hatch, and the drop-in K&N filter.
I'm looking at either the Jetex, Borla, or Techtonics catback (in that order?).
I'll probably be leaving the boost levels alone. It sounds like the stock diverter valve really only has problems at above stock levels of boost, so I'll hold off on upgrading the DV.
Downpipe sounds like it's bang-for-the-buck king, but it's a process and it's spendy. Don't think I'll be doing that.
I'm thinking about getting a steering column mounted boost gauge from a subaru and seeing if it'll fit in the Audi. I'm scoping a few out on Ebay right now. If it looks terrible, I'll just re-sell it. Most of the boost gauge "kits" for the TT have you plop a gauge in the AC vent...it looks slick, but I want my vents, damnit!

on mine I have a clear bra...came with it though...18 in BBS RGR in daimond black (also came with it) I did drop in K&N's and smoothed the inside of the airboxes and pulled out the silencers.

I just put on some updated P39 HID headlights with the birghter than stock halos.

I think I have my exhaust picked out, and I am thinking about tinting.
I will also be making a ram-air for it. If you have seen the HUGE funnels they put in the airdams...it looks sweet!

not really...I have been trying to decided what mufflers to use...sometimes I think about mufflers, and others I think about just doing an x pipe.

I think this is what you need for your M5:
KittyMuffler.jpg

Looks great, Daymon. What kinda gains you expecting from that tune?

Thanks Derek. These trucks have 'crappy' tuning from the factory and CAI's act kind of strange because the MAF sensor is now just a sensor that bolts into the OEM air filter box that sits ontop of the TB :crazy: :shrug: Popping it into a CAI, they tend to run a bit lean unless @ WOT because it's in a larger housing and getting a bit more air than it thinks it sees..... if that makes sense.

Troyer Performance is the place to go for these trucks, as they've done thousands of F150's and have gobs of insanely happy customers. Power wise, with my current mods I should see as much as 40 RWHP & upwards of 70 RWTQ on 91 octane with the performance tune :) But those are the gains at full-throttle. Far more important, especially for towing, are the increases in *part-throttle* torque, the improvements to shift characteristics, the improvements they make to throttle response by completely re-writing much of the ETC (electronic throttle control) system, and the many other changes they do in the tuning. It's very in-depth and extremely thorough. :cool:

A bit long winded, yes. But that's just like asking an old man "How are you feeling?", they're gonna tell you in every last detail :laugh:

That's a hellova tune, I must say! You're right-on about the part throttle gains, IMO. I don't spend much time at WOT, so I value part throttle gains almost more than WOT gains.

I just bought a boost gauge. It's gonna go in the vent (I caved). I'll post pics when it's installed. I'm this --> |_| close to buying a 19mm rear sway bar (stock is a puny 14mm). I'm also this --> |________| close to just sayin' "fuggit" and buying a catback. I know I'm going to want to open it up the entire time I own the car, so why not get it over with? :laugh:

Besides the performance/MPG gains you get with a good exhaust system, the sound by itself is worth it IMO. I love a nice exhaust note, and a good growl from a CAI.

As for the larger sway bar, from a saftey point.... you should get one. I say that because I wouldn't want your car to not be able to take a sudden.... controlled swerve from a critter hopping out onto the road. The lives of your wife, pup or even your very own could very well depend on that very sway bar. I know, I know..... it's a little bit of change and some what of a hassel to install it, but aren't the lives of your loving family worth every penny and scraped knuckel?

I went ahead and ordered the swaybar. It's an Audi OEM 19mm sway bar that came with the S-Line (if I'm not mistaken) suspension. I darn near bought a 16mm bar from a guy (stock on the TT w/ the 3.2L) but he was asking too much.

I've decided that a catback is rubbish, I'm going to get 20 Hello Kitty potato shooters under the rear of the TT somehow. :p :censored:

Since we're talkin' mods on our troll-mobiles:

The Cummins is still stock with the exception of 30% tint on its front windows. Bring my next promotion at work it will be sitting on the Kore Race suspension kit (+3", fits 37s) and perhaps 3" of body. My goal is to get it up onto 40s. Id love to put some HID projectors into it but with that kind of height I think I would blind all the others around me, even though the factory Dodge lights are so excellent :rolleyes: when it comes to glare. It will probably also get the Mystery Mod and take the muffler off. Ill see depending on how loud it gets.

I really want a toy so I am thinking of selling the Volvo again. If I keep it I am going to toy with putting the SVT's supercharger onto it instead of the factory turbo (both? :eek:). It will be bagged and sitting on 20s. It has 50% fronts and 5% rears right now. Since its sporting Wyoming tags, I am going to have the tint shop pull the 50% and replace it with 30%. There is a company that already builds projector lamps, I would just need to fit the HID.

The Cougar and SVT are going to be leaving s soon as possible. The old GL is going to my nephew for his first car. I have already pulled the E0s, all of the projectors and the SVT rear cover went onto the SVT.

Ill probably pull some of the goodies off of the Cougar before it leaves. Things like the big rear brake kit, the tubular toe arms, Aussie bar, etc. Those will go up here along with the SVT ECU and SVT radiator.

After putting the time into them, its hard to see them leave modded.

Last edited:
Back