• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Clarification of comment about Misty

ottoschutze

CEG'er
Hi all ,
I change oil as suggested ,flilters, changed plugs , it never ever
did any of the things I read about ...runs smoothly , never misfired etc.
When I mentioned a few repairs on my/our Misty , I never meant to complain about the reliability of this used car. If it is man made ,it may break..sooner or later ,I think
I basically have a suspicion that the business we bought the car from was less than honest about the car...mileage stated .. which worked in some way in our favor ,since the A/C was replaced under warranty by the dealer ,since it showed only 30k , the parts I put in ,I did with care and advice from you Contour guys ,the dash board " warp" was dealer done ...lucky us..
and did not bother my budget..even the last Co2 sensor was bought at a discount ..my time as retired person costs little to nothing .
So overall, the fun of driving it has been worth it . I have a metal impeller water pump sitting in the garage ,so far no need for it .I may put it in
soon.. I had a "grounding" radio wire,blowing fuses ,found it,wrapped it and no more issues since then. Thanks for all your responses .

Back