• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Del Shannon Aug 11, 2007

Pope

Veteran CEG'er
Just a reminder, the Del Shannon car show will be taking place on Saturday, Aug 11 this year in wonderful downtown Coopersville. Last year's participant level was near 1,000 registered vehicles.

Last edited:
Only 2.5 weeks to go.

There will also be a swap meet during the show this year, for the first time ever.

As always, there is a memorial cruise and fireworks on Friday night, Aug. 10.

Last edited:
Think I might go since I have a buddy that attends sometimes. Looks like a big show. I know I'd be the only SVT Tour there. LOL!

Think I might go since I have a buddy that attends sometimes. Looks like a big show. I know I'd be the only SVT Tour there. LOL!

Actually, my brother's will be there this year; he had to work last year.

Additional Update:

There will also be an official burnout contest on Saturday at 4pm, for the first time in recent history; it will be at ???

Last edited:
Car Cruise - Friday evening, August 10. Cars line up on O’Malley Drive beginning at 5:30 p.m.

Car Show - Saturday, August 11, 2007 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., with an awards ceremony taking place at 3:00 p.m. in Main Street Park.

Swap Meet - Department of Pubic Works, Saturday, August 11, 2007 8:00a.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Burnout Contest - Arby's Parking Lot, Saturday, August 11, 2007 4:00 p.m.

Car Cruise - Friday evening, August 10. Cars line up on O’Malley Drive beginning at 5:30 p.m.

Car Show - Saturday, August 11, 2007 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., with an awards ceremony taking place at 3:00 p.m. in Main Street Park.

Swap Meet - Department of Pubic Works, Saturday, August 11, 2007 8:00a.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Burnout Contest - Location Changed, Saturday, August 11, 2007 4:00 p.m.

Two Days Until the Show.
One Day Until the Cruise.

Updated Scheduling Information: I am uncertain of the exact day and time of the Burnout Contest. My brother lives in Coopersville and earlier this week, on the same day, he received updated event information that offers conflicting times for the burnout contest.

The burnout competition has officially been moved from the Arby's parking lot, to Berlin Raceway in Marne.

However, one update letter states that the competition will occur on Friday, after the car cruise, while the other update states that the burnout contest will occur at the previously scheduled time: 4:00 on Saturday. In either case the competition location has been moved, but the date and time is unclear.

There is a clown band concert and fireworks occurring Friday night at Coopersville High School, so moving the burnout contest to Friday may cause scheduling conflicts difficulties with that, however, there are actual racing events occurring during the day on Saturday at Berlin raceway, so ......... Your Guess is as Good as mine.

Additionally, an admission fee has now been imposed on the burnout contest.
$2 to watch
$10 to participate

Wow that turned lamers. Pay to watch a burnout? Ummm yea. Anywho I think I might pop in Sat.

The last official vehicle registration count I heard was 637 with an estimation of ~900 cars in attendance; they had a break-down in the registration/entry system that resulted in a LOT of unregistered cars in the show.

Sounds like no one wanted to pay. I think ppl just like to hang out and now be judged. Saw some really nice stuff. Took a few pics.

Back