• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

NECO meet and dyno at Logan Motorsports Saturday, November 11

i'll be there, but i have an arrangement set up for just me since they are a close family friend, plus we will all benefit in seeing how much an optimized tb accually does

i'll be there, but i have an arrangement set up for just me since they are a close family friend, plus we will all benefit in seeing how much an optimized tb accually does

Yeah, I'm glad you'll be testing it out. From what I've read I think you may see something like a 1 to 2 hp increase. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That increase may also depend on how good a job I did with the optimization. I think it came out pretty good but we'll all see soon enough. I just followed the how to's. Pretty staightforward. There was an optional step that I haven't done but I still may do before the dyno. Knife edging the housing and the plate. I felt I might be taking a risk in fileing the plate down. If I screw up and go too far the diamater would be off and that's not a good thing, so I left that as is. I may still give it an attempt though.

I'll have an optimized TB too . . . but its gonna be a touch bigger 'en an SVT. ;)

I don't like to brag a whole bunch about what I've got until I have proof to back it up . . . but to maybe entice some more people from coming out of the wood work, lets just say that this is no ordinary 3L I'll be tuning that day.

tell my director that i cant come to the performance b/c of a dyno meet. thatll go over well

Thank You, I will try to make it out. Whole damn family decided this was the best timet visit their kid in the "city". Dropped that on me Wed. night.

ok and if any of you guys are going, heres my number in case you get lost or something

three one two two four six zero two zero two

YES, it is STILL happening... we got alot of cougar guys going and it should be a real nice turn out.

Cool, I've been looking forward to this. Do you know how many are planning to dyno?

What time will people be getting started? I know someone said they open at 9 am. But will anyone really be there that early? I figure I'll stop in around noon.

Last edited:
yup, noon would probably be a good time to show up.. I'll probably be there around 10-11.

the people getting tunes are showing up earlier because that takes some time.

can I bring my Galant?

You should have. It would have been nice to have more people. I had a real good time meeting the guys that did come out. And thanks to them, Ox and bensenville for setting this up. The guys at Loganmotorsports were very cool too. When my car is up and running I'll be paying them a visit.

Back