• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Atlanta meet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, just head the bad news, brent bought a focus, so now he isnt going to be going to the meet, i dont really want to drive up by myself, so count me out as well, sorry guys, next time for sure!

so drive up with marge! ive been looking forward to this trip for almost a month! if nobody from florida is going, there really isn't much of a point of me going, either. you all suck this time :'(

You all cant bail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!! You have to be kidding me! WTF does buying a damn focus have to do with a meet anyway?

Sorry Guys

Sorry Guys

I know I am the one that started this thread, and nobody was looking forward to this more than I, but with the new car payment, it just isn't feasable. My sincerest apologies.

Precisley. The first payment is due a few days after the meet. Insurace also went up because we went from one car to two.

So who is coming now and who isnt? This **** sucks! I'm the only one in this state that attends meets in other states. It doesnt stop me from going and I sure dont ***** about it so the rest of you can still come! Hell I went all the way to Ohio just 2 weeks agofor a meet at a hotdog place. I had a ton of parts to pick up also but still. Come on the rest of you better come!

So who is coming now and who isnt? This **** sucks! I'm the only one in this state that attends meets in other states. It doesnt stop me from going and I sure dont ***** about it so the rest of you can still come! Hell I went all the way to Ohio just 2 weeks agofor a meet at a hotdog place. I had a ton of parts to pick up also but still. Come on the rest of you better come!

Dude, I'm just as pissed off about this as anyone because of the chain reaction it caused. But, who the hell are you to criticize ADULTS for being financially responsible?! You don't know Brent and Kim, I do. They are great people. They are my friends.

If you want to be an ass to someone, PM me, I've got plenty of faults you can pick on all day.

Mike.

:nonono: i just had a nice reply all worked up and everything and damn power went out. so i aint gunna re type everything but basically. simple way to put it............. Trey is a ADULT with a FAMILY. sorry to kick you off your pedastool. hope the fall hurts. i meant doesnt:rolleyes:

ya know it sux that brent wont be able to make it but dont mean everyone else hasta bail out. but whatever. thats the SE for ya. :rolleyes: :nonono:

i would love to come still, but when my wife said she couldnt go, brent and kim were the main reason(besides meeting all you guys) i was going, i dont want to make a 9 hour drive myself ya know...

thats the SE for ya. :rolleyes: :nonono:

Don't knock us in the SE. At least don't knock us in FL. 3 meets this year... all with decent turnouts.

Hell yes, I still want to go to Stone Mountain.... but sorry... 2 people with 1 car (being the CSVT) was starting to wear on me. Had the chance to get a deal on a new car and I did.
New car payment + higher insurance = cutting back on things. Would I cancel if the meet were closer? probably not. But Atlanta is easy a 3 tank-of-gas trip. x2 (roundtrip) + hotel + food.... sorry guys.. that comes out to a car payment and then some.

Haven't had to make a car payment in 4 + years. It is going to take adjusting too....

Whatever happens, happens. Whoever shows up, shows up. I am going no matter if it comes down to just being me and the wife. I have already paid for half my camp site and have been working my ass off getting the CSVT ready for the meet. To the people that now will not be attending, you will be missed. No harm, no foul. Some people need to chill out a little and focus on their own situation. There will be other meets (hopefully)!

we are unbelievably disappointed that we wont be able to make it. We were so looking forward to meeting new people especially since the people we have met since joining have been so awesome. When we get the budget worked out we will definitely try to head up for a road trip.
ALSO, we wont be able to get our Caribou Coffee we were jonesing for, that really SUX!

i also should have said im not pointing fingers or etc. wasnt directed towards you directly Brent & Kim.

everytime the SE trys to plan somthing big it gets foiled. or someone doesnt wanna drive 5+hours. :nonono: im not sayin just recent either.

besides the point....

what about the Dragon? thats fun for everyone. if not that NOPI in ATL or another atl meet. dates? suggestions? NOPI/Dragon?

well, just head the bad news, brent bought a focus, so now he isnt going to be going to the meet, i dont really want to drive up by myself, so count me out as well, sorry guys, next time for sure!

Dude i'll ride up with you..You know you wanna go to this meet..

EDIT: If kyle still decides to go i'll probally come up as well, Im hoping some will want there Car detailed ( i know they'll be done before the meet but still ) Maybe you have some Swirls you want removed or stains or somthing?..I'll be bringing the PC and other odd's and end..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back