• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ALMS @ Limerock

SVTTOUR2391

CEG'er
well i went to limerock on friday to see the ALMS, but i only went to the practice sessions. i took some pics, mainly of stuff going on in the paddocks, because the cars were too fast on the track for my camera :laugh:.
sorry if the quality is bad
63sykpd.jpg

GT3 RSR
4v33dqf.jpg

Audi R10 TDI
6ge80w7.jpg

Audi R8 (lol not alms, but pretty cool)
4ytf3vl.jpg

RS4
6giwl6r.jpg

430GT followed by GT3 RSR and some P's
669n6lu.jpg

GT3 RSR and P's
6hf3g5s.jpg

R10 tdi
6g0199d.jpg

flying lizard's gt3
6gmx5sl.jpg

again

10 pic..

4pnqgs5.jpg

corvette c6r
4karsqe.jpg

some more tdi
4pwz0na.jpg

panoz esperante gtlm
6fzwf2f.jpg

panoz engine shot, ford 5.0l
52d86mo.jpg

panoz through the chicane
4y6ae79.jpg

430gt through the chicane
68hmxz5.jpg

#7 penske/porsche rs spyder into the pits (finished #2 yesterday)
67e6hrm.jpg

#7 after the afternoon practice

62t3shz.jpg

gt3 into the big bend

i know theyre big, sorry

oo and i forgot some cool pics of a p2's engine bay. this car was the only engine close ups i could get cause they were obviously all secretive.

4pmen82.jpg

66aysud.jpg

massive intercooler!

Last edited:
good luck getting a picture of an F1 engine like the one you have..amazing pictures though!

you see thats the cool part of Lime Rock, the paddock is open to anyway to walk through, and you can see just about anything at Lime Rock, like an enzo, maclaren F1, etc ...

my parents where up there yesterday also ...

I remember going to what I think was this event a few years ago with my brother. There was a cougar that was racing there that he made me look at even though I didn't know anything about it at the time. Anyone know the owner or anything about that cougar?

I remember going to what I think was this event a few years ago with my brother. There was a cougar that was racing there that he made me look at even though I didn't know anything about it at the time. Anyone know the owner or anything about that cougar?

don't know anything about it but I have seen it at Lime Rock before ...

Could've been Leo Capaldi, although he has been racing a Focus sedan for the past few years. Was the car black, white and red (sponsored by Sinter IIRC)?

Could've been Leo Capaldi, although he has been racing a Focus sedan for the past few years. Was the car black, white and red (sponsored by Sinter IIRC)?

yup, after some googling, I'm pretty sure that's the one:

69714028.Wa0LeN6g.jpg

I found some scca time records of him at limerock with a cougar so it's gotta be it.

aw...they took down my image link :-(

capaldi-1.jpg

Last edited:
that cougar has nothing to do with the ALMS. ALMS is le mans cars, which are rediculously fast. the cars were way too fast for limerock, and most of the P drivers hated it. but the porsches and the panozs where tearing it up in the practice sessions.

I love limerock. You can walk around and mingle with just about anybody. The Porsche rennsport event a few years ago had a lot of interesting hardware in the parking lot.

I would have to say this event was the busiest I have ever seen Lime Rock.

On the way i home I had some fun with a Caymanin my Z4 and then passed an Audi R8 (awesome looking car btw)

:)

Back