• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Body kit

Jsts22

Be Gentle I'm New Here
Hey, I am new to the forums. My car has 162k miles on it, and have big plans for it. I hope to do a lot to the engine and get it much faster than the base 125 hp. Anyway, I was looking around and found some body kits for the contour, what do you guys think of em? here is a link to one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-9...013QQitemZ230149788257QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

also, do you guys think it is worth it to invest a ton of money into a 95 lx? I hope to rebuild the engine at some point and get a decent paint job.

im not sure about the bodykit cause im at work and Ebay is locked.
But if you think its worth fixing up a 95 LX w/ 162k then go forit, im sure if you go on CARDomain and look up '95 contours and mystiques you'll probably see what some people have done and some of them arent that bad looking.

Im personally not a big fan of the bodykits available for the contour. Most people like the SVT kit.

Is it worth it to invest all that money into a Contour? I thought it was fun when I did, but I knew I wouldnt get the money back out of it when I sold it. Its up to you if your willing to take a loss.

For the price that is not bad for the bodykit

It all depends what type of look you are trying to get for the car.

That is very nuch in your face type of kit where i prefer the more subtle type.

But each to their own, i still think it is not bad for the price.

I,ve had that kit for years!My contour is my second car.I just drive it a few
days a week.Check my link at the bottom for pics.

I'm not a big fan of the "in your face" body kits, but seeing it on outkast's car it looks pretty good. If you want a kit now and that is indeed the same one i say go for it. I would personally save the money and do something about the performance first. Check out the zetec performance threads to see whats available.

The G3 on ebay is a good price but after shipping and handling your paying the same as if you were to go to extremedimensions.com and get it. I don't know maybe the kits shipping has gone down since the last time I looked at them.

the back end looks horrible, the front end looks ok i suppose, as long as you have some go to go with it... find an svt back bumper though... my $.02

*jsut looked at outkasts pics, thats exactly what i was saying, looks alot better!

Im feelin the front bumper with the svt rear bumper but the sideskirts im not. i would go with the svt sideskirts. thats what ill do if i get a bodykit, but im thinking about just getting the Razzi lip kit.

i like the razzi kit, not too out there, not svt, but nice! its better then pretending to be something its not ya know

Back