• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Bought a new car

in the shop

New CEG'er
Well not so much a car as a truck

1999 Dodge Ram 2500 --- 8.0 V-10.... i miss gas milage

i will be posting pictures as soon as possible.

oh and sorry about never getting back to you Jon - didnt even think untill now about the SVT - promotion at work etc and with all that my mind has gone to less then 30 mins... truth be told at 23:45 i wont remember i posted this

Yeah, just about anything with a V10 has lost it's booty in value. Example: Ford Excursions. Earlier versions ('00ish) with diesels are usually twice as much as the V10 versions.

I can only imagine having a V10, my V8 does enough damage to my wallet at $115 a fill-up every week or so :blackeye:

costs me 85$ to fill up the gas tank - im getting about 12 miles to the gallon (probably 9 city and 13 highway) - 25 gallon tank is all though :( i need an aux tank

Nice, my dad has a 98 Ram 2500 with the V10. He lives up in northern AZ and has a 425 gallon water tank in the back to haul water out to his property, so he decided it would be worth the gas mileage hit to have a good heavy truck. He's done a body lift, 35" tires, and an intake and exhaust. He's had me on the search for some sort of tuning chip for the V10 for a couple years now, neither one of us can find one that has a decent reputation.

the pics i said i would get
jason15557

jason15557

Last edited:
oh and sorry about never getting back to you Jon
Meh, its fine, no hard feelings here. :)

That car has really been the last thing on my mind for the longest time. I thought of you a little in June on days off but the thought passed. Figured you would contact me if you were still intrested in it.

At least there is a new member of the Dodge family, I too recently added a little bit more to mine (traded in the 1500 Hemi for a 3500 Cummins). I know some of how you feel from when I was feeding the Hemi. It was a solid 12 MPG no matter what I was doing with it.

Check out ramchargercentral.com. There are a handful of people in the Utah chapter. Great guys and good insight for places to go if you are ever looking at getting the beast a little dirty.

Nice new toy, I like it. :cool:

Truck looks good. I got a pic of my Dad's truck while I was visiting last week. He's got 33" tires, and a 3" body lift. He had a dual exhaust put on it to, sounds pretty good. Its funny how big his truck is next to my Cougar...
P8010012.jpg

kinda odd - im sittin ghere at work - bored mindless - all my techs are at a company party so i have nothing to do - supervisor walked by and saw me on the forums with nothing to do... she didnt care just walked off (probably because i asked for some side work and she didnt have anything)

i will def hit up that site jon - when you going to be in town? i love showing off my truck (even though it needs 2 more coats of wax)

i will def hit up that site jon - when you going to be in town? i love showing off my truck (even though it needs 2 more coats of wax)
Ill be in Ogden until a week from tomorrow.

I need to go get mine back. My ex-brother-in-law decided to try to load a 60 pound tote from the side of the truck and put a few nice dents in the bedside. Its at the repair shop and I am going to go take a look at it now.

Always wanted to get pics of the old Cummins like that. Cant do it now, the 300 would just look goofy on rocks.

Back