• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Sell your contour....

doesn't have anything to do with being a scared girl. not even the death part i'm afraid of...after all, i'll be dead right?? it's ending up paralyzed or otherwise tortured for the rest of my existance.

As much as I would LOVE a bike (trust me, I dream about it ALL the time); for me: it isn't even what TGO says, so much, as thinking about what my FAMILY will think or feel or go through if I were to paralyze myself, or kill myself.

For ME, they are more important than some stupid wheelie, lane-splitting, or acceleration urge I could have.

even still, the safest drivers end up going up against a car or something one day. i can't name one person i know with a bike that hasn't gotten hurt from it.

but i still wish you good luck with your new bike steeda, i hope you enjoy it!

I own a CSVT and a 1000RR so I've got both bases covered :D I can't wait to get back on a track with my bike so much fun!!! Ever since they got rid of the track out here it's been so horrible nothing fun to do on the bike unless it's illegal:shrug: . It is way to easy to lane split pass cars on the shoulder, etc. I do ride hard and enjoy doing it legally but with no place in Hawaii (on Oahu) to go it's hard to stay out of trouble.

Enjoy your new bike they are something else it's a feeling that can't be put into words.

I remember reading a few years ago that motorcycle riders that take defensive driving courses have extremely low accident rates.

With that said, I just don't trust other drivers, as much as I'd like a bike. Too many minivan/suv moms driving with cell phones around here.

I think a compromise for me will be a dirt bike when I move back to a rural area or get a truck. I had one when I was a kid and loved it... more than a few dramatic accidents on that.

Last edited:
watch this and yes he still alive and obviously don't do this on a public road be safe

If we don't allow street racing, or speeding videos of CARS, then why would we let it slide with bikes?

period?

This is the "warning" phase of this ordeal.. thanks.

Last edited:
Back