• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Random Question

trying to get 2500 out of this clunker Contour GL so i can afford a 99 contour SVT

FYI, just to list a vehicle on ebay is $40. If it sells, its another $50.
So you are looking at $90 just if the thing sells. Or $40 if it doesn't.

Autotrader = $54, for the Magazine add and online add. 8 week run time.
(Ive never had a vehicle not sell with autotrader.)

Or.. craigslist = free. :shrug:

Its actually about $50 after you add in all the pictures and such.

Indy, you might want to get the problem fixed first before you sell it. Getting $2500 for a base model Contour that doesnt run is going to be pretty hard.

well, you aren't going to get $2500 out of it, non-running SVT's usually go for that or less.

Its actually about $50 after you add in all the pictures and such.

I was referring to just the fee's to list the auction, and not all the other extras that ebay over charges for. But yeah, if you use them to host your pictures,the price jumps quite a bit.

I'd be willing to put it up for you I suppose, provided your willing to put up the 40$ fee (or whatever it is) via paypal or some other method. In all fairness though its not really anything you probably couldn't do yourself. (I don't have that much feedback, if that would affect your decision)

Also keep in mind theres also other methods (arguably better) of selling stuff than ebay. (most of which have been mentioned above)

but that said I really doubt it'll fetch 2,500. Only way your remotly likely to get that is if someone totals it and you collect on insurance.

Also, try carsoup.com, or take it to a CarMax dealer.. they will appraise it and pay you upfront, EVEN if you don't want to trade it in, or buy a car from them. May not end up being 2500, but its GUARANTEED.

Back