• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Uh oh.....

Reebs

meester super sleuth
BAd day for the SVT :( ....

VegasTripSmudgeandcars139.jpg

VegasTripSmudgeandcars134.jpg

VegasTripSmudgeandcars133.jpg

VegasTripSmudgeandcars147.jpg

VegasTripSmudgeandcars132.jpg

VegasTripSmudgeandcars144.jpg

VegasTripSmudgeandcars146.jpg

VegasTripSmudgeandcars145.jpg

VegasTripSmudgeandcars142.jpg

wow......NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

When where? How bad did it sound.... Details my man details!!!

Ouch!!! Sorry to see that!

Was this the end of your 3L or a 2.5?!?!?! How much boost were you pushing when it let go? Was it a quick bang! type of failure or was it progressive?!! Hear any detonation?

Sorry for the slew of questions but we have very similar setups and I hope to not do that to mine if I can help it.

man reebs i was like wtf nooooooooooooooo. then i saw my shoes in one of the pics.

Lol, yeah, just a SVT parts car. :D 3L turbo is still running strong! :) That was some pretty serious damage for 70 something thousand miles on a naturally aspirated stock 2.5L though!

A N/A 2.5 can finally got such damage; Still make me feel terrible because I just have same 2.5 duratec in my car

Lol, yeah, just a SVT parts car. :D 3L turbo is still running strong! :) That was some pretty serious damage for 70 something thousand miles on a naturally aspirated stock 2.5L though!
Double post FTL

Last edited:
Ohhh good.. thought you wernt going to make it to Packos :laugh:

Uh, didn't you read that was a parts car!?!? I bought it blown and I was just showing a picture of the oil cooler that blew off that engine. I didn't RTV my oil cooler gasket.

Yep I sure did. Was just a statement to whomever did that. :troutslap:

Back