• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Decided to mount them this way...

ConcepTrs913

Veteran CEG'er
Well I had to get some new subs because I blew 5 of my old ones within a few months... so I decided to get these because I picked them up for cheap through work. What do you think about the inverted subs? I think they sound great and look even better.

newwithp3s4.jpg

I have big problems with my rear deck rattling. I'm wondering if a setup like that would help :eek:

It'll also give the chicks in the back seat a good massage :laugh:

Those aren't mounted into the seats are they? I'm curious to how you did that.

Sorry for a new hand's question all five are speaker/subwoofer?? or what is the three at the bottom side ?

excellent choice going fosgate, I love their high end stuff it really is incredibly well designed, and whenever you pop your trunk you get that "oooh ahhhh" factor.

yeah im having problems w/ my rear deck rattling as well. i havent really looked into it too much but i was thinking of pulling it off and putting it back on with a 1/4 inch piece of foam under it. that worked for a friend of mines car but im just afraid it wont work it will still rattle between the glass and the deck.

yeah im having problems w/ my rear deck rattling as well. i havent really looked into it too much but i was thinking of pulling it off and putting it back on with a 1/4 inch piece of foam under it. that worked for a friend of mines car but im just afraid it wont work it will still rattle between the glass and the deck.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Right now I have it ghetto with two towels stuffed between the deck and the glass. Works but still rattles when my JL sub hits. I can't imagine some people with these huge systems.

I wonder if dynomatting under it and around it would stop the resonating.

Last edited:
i dont think that dynamat would work because of its thickness. its designed to insulate and keep sound within and not really to dampen the rattling between two surfaces. the reason a foam would work is because it just reduces the distances between them and takes the impact better and doesnt resonate against the metal rear deck. once i give it a shot ill let you guys know.

How do you get those clips off for the rear deck. Snap them and buy new ones? Where would you get new ones :blackeye:

I tried facing my Sub towards the cabin instead of away and there's not as much bass but much less rattling! If I could take care of the rear deck I could get more powerful subs and not have much of a problem.

Back