• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3 Codes...

Reebs

meester super sleuth
Ever since installing the 3L turbo, I have had 3 codes that haven't seemed to affect anything, but I'll post them anyways...

P1000

P1409

P1459

Tony or anyone have that list of codes that tells about each code and shows what to check for to fix the code!?!? :shrug:

Thanks!

I messed up when I posted my one of my codes... 1519 instead of 1459 :crazy:

P1519 Intake Manifold Runner Control fault - Stuck Closed.

I have that code, and I am running secondaries on my 3L. I watch my IMRC cable open up the secondary valves on both banks every time when I rev it up from in the engine bay. I am confused why I am throwing that code. Could the power of the turbo 3L be causing my engine to rev so fast under WOT that the secondaires don't open on time (3500rpm under WOT) causing it to throw a code!??

And that was a helpful page Ray, but where is that page that tells you want to check/fix to get the code to go away? Do you know what I am referring to?

Thanks.

Jeff

Actually sub 3500....

Try swapping out to a different IMRC.... you probably have fifty or so laying around.

Yes, I do have some I just didn't feel like swapping it. I actually do need to swap it now because it really started acting up yesterday and it wasn't opening up at all. My car started bucking around 3000 rpm and I think it was kindof opening and closing or something. Car ran smooth down low to 3000 rpm and then bucks, then smooth again from 3300 rpm up with the IMRC closed. :(

With practically every part new on my car, I thought it would be low maintence! :crazy:

MEH! With great power comes great expense :D

BTW, I cant remember if I left that Pinch bolt at your parents house, I really hope its in my mom's car... Or else im t3h screwed and I have to pay $12 for a new one O.O

Back