• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I've had my truck for a year....

Swazo

Hard-core CEG'er
.... and I haven't really mod'd it all that much. I want to keep it looking near stock, so I've added a 2.5" leveling kit, modified OEM intake, custom side exiting cat-back, Edge tuner and most recently I got some new 305/65/18's (33X12.5X18) to the factory wheels. I'm waiting for a volant intake and an XCal 2 w/ 3 tunes from Troyer Performance (custom tune ownz all) who is the go-to guy for '04+ F150's. Still searching for a nice 18X9.5-10 aftermarket wheel that I like, and will be adding an add-a-leaf to increase towing/bed cap while giving it an OEM like rake.

I'm slowly adding every NA mod I can (UD pulleys, e-fans, headers, true-duals are next....) and am planning on adding a Ford Racing/Whipple intercooled SC'er for a final touch. Not bad for a work truck, eh?

Here are some pics over the last year.

I took these today. Note the actual truck tires compared to the POS factory car-like tires.
IMGP3005.jpg

IMGP3007.jpg

IMGP3006.jpg

Dirty winter pics, but when I still had the tiny tires, a broken exhaust hanger and after I installed the leveling kit.
IMGP2991-1.jpg

IMGP2989-1.jpg

The way I got it just about a year ago today...
IMGP2887-1.jpg

IMGP2888.jpg

IMGP2886.jpg

Last edited:
.... and I haven't really mod'd it all that much. I want to keep it looking near stock, so I've added a 2.5" leveling kit, ....... and will be adding an add-a-leaf to increase towing/bed cap while giving it an OEM like rake.

The truck looks sharp man, but why installa leveling kit then add a leaf to give it a OEM rake look? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a leveling kit? I plan on doing some of the same things to my truck as well!

Thanks for the props you guys.

The leveling kit was to get the front off the ground so I could put some decent tires under it. The AAL will serve a purpose in aesthetics and function.

Thanks for the props you guys.

The leveling kit was to get the front off the ground so I could put some decent tires under it. The AAL will serve a purpose in aesthetics and function.

ah I gotcha now.. I was thinking of leveling kit as in bringing the rear down and not the front up. lol

I had a 2003 F-150 Sport 5.4 and put a Troyer Xcal tuner on it along with CAI, true duals and injectors. I gained 40rwhp and 43rwtq and absolutely loved their work. Nice looking truck, you're definitely headed in the right direction!

Back