• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Twin Turbo DIESEL Corvette

hmm Sounds fishy. As the vette moves after the burnout, it no longer sounds like a diesel.

Uhm.. I don't get it.. .You posted a thread about a diesel vette, yet the INCLUDED link shows nothing more than a video of a standard vette burning out (quite boringly, might I add). It sounds nothing like a diesel, ESPECIALLY when it moves.

Only the words "diesel" above the clip have anything to do with your post. :nonono: BORING.. I want those 45 or 50 seconds back.

Only the words "diesel" above the clip have anything to do with your post. :nonono: BORING.. I want those 45 or 50 seconds back.

what about this?
Everyone's seen a twin turbo vette by now, but who's seen an STS twin turbo DIESEL Vette?!?!? This car just got done last week and the owner decided he wanted to break it in the right way! Sorry, no specs right now, they don't want to give any away just yet.

i still smell BS

Diesel? What a waste.

You really love to display the fact that you know next to nothing about automobiles. :rolleyes:

It sure as hell sounds like a diesel to me, especially in the beginning and at the end when he let off the throttle.

Did you guys miss the memo that Audi is racing a twin turbo V10 diesel in the American Le Mans series and whooping everyone's ass??!

Also there are rumors that audi may put a variation of this motor in the new R8. That being said, I was JUST next to one in traffic, and although my music was really loud I managed to turn it down just as he passed me and I must say the engine did sound a bit...funny...:laugh: :drool:

Uhm.. I don't get it.. .You posted a thread about a diesel vette, yet the INCLUDED link shows nothing more than a video of a standard vette burning out (quite boringly, might I add). It sounds nothing like a diesel, ESPECIALLY when it moves.

Have you ever heard a diesel before? Everyone else who posted says it sounds like one but you. I never said that it was going to be exciting, sorry!

Even the diesel forums say it sounds like a diesel.

http://www.dieselbombers.com/showthread.php?t=3117

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/video-movie-forum/18314-diesel-powered-vette.html

Last edited:
Thats pretty cool. I wouldnt mind having one thats for sure....
And how can you not tell its a diesel.... As stated before: Obviously youve never heard a Diesel bofore????
Derrrrrr Derrrr

Never heard a diesel before... ooooookayyyyyyyyy...

I've owned three... not to mention my father-in-law's F650..

I didn't say it WASN'T a diesel. I said it DOES NOT SOUND like one. that's my interpretation.. Anyone who takes any offense to that obviously knows nothing about me. For a little backstory, I can't really hear that well.

I'm deaf in one ear and have ~20% in my other. The fact that I can HEAR the video is enough for me. Diesels, to ME, sound like a bunch of vibrations, with the occasional hiccup in rhythm. Videos on the internet don't really do a very good job of pushing that physical feeling across my body like they do in real life. I apologize if my interpretation of a sound which I shouldn't even be able to distinguish isn't up to your "diesel forum" standards.

thanks for your time,

:)

Maybe you all know what a diesel sounds like, but have you ever seen one?? probably not by the looks of all those replies. A diesel revving like that would produce more black smoke from the exhaust pipes than the white smoke coming off the tires. that is clearly the sounds of a chevy diesel truck with a bullydog or banks system overlayed on the video of a corvette

Maybe you all know what a diesel sounds like, but have you ever seen one?? probably not by the looks of all those replies. A diesel revving like that would produce more black smoke from the exhaust pipes than the white smoke coming off the tires. that is clearly the sounds of a chevy diesel truck with a bullydog or banks system overlayed on the video of a corvette

i hate to put in my .02 but a diesel doesnt put out black smoke if its stock...upgrades will prouduce that......second now there is a thing called low sulfer diesel=little to no "black smoke"

i would call bs on the car just because there arent any specs, also i would have to see the transplant to come to a conclusion what really is in it. but if it is a diesel i would love to have that car. just for the potential when it comes to horsepower gains, not to mention the torque

it is bs, the guy left on the forums for about a week, then came out with the real file. he explained that because the sound of cars doing burnouts is rather uneventful and boring he thought he'd throw some controversy and question out there just for something interesting.

not to mention there is a kit out there (usually for Golf TDI's) that allows you to run SVO (straight vegetable oil. Read "Running Biodiesel" here http://www.transmitmedia.com/golfTDI/) in the engine instead of regular petroleum diesel. Biofuel (vegetable oil and chemicals to make a mixture of veg and reg diesel) also smokes less which may contribute to there not being acres of black smoke.

not to mention there is a kit out there (usually for Golf TDI's) that allows you to run SVO (straight vegetable oil. Read "Running Biodiesel" here http://www.transmitmedia.com/golfTDI/) in the engine instead of regular petroleum diesel. Biofuel (vegetable oil and chemicals to make a mixture of veg and reg diesel) also smokes less which may contribute to there not being acres of black smoke.

Biodiesel is sweet, except your car smells like a Chinese restaurant driving by.

Back