• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Bye bye '66 Mustang!

The_Robinator

CEG'er
Well, I finally sold it today, about 20 minutes ago actually. The buyer (a co-worker) is at the registry right now getting license plates. I got a few hundred less than asking price. I am happy, and feel settled about it, after about 2 years of going back and forth on whether or not I should let it go. Now (or at least as soon as I cash the check and utilize the funds), I am 100% debt free (other than mortgages). What a feeling......
-Robin :)

Last edited:
wow that's a big shock!
I never thought you'd sell it.

I struggled for a long time on whether or not I should, but the truth is that we basically never used it. We'd drive it only about 3 or 4 times a year, and even then only because we felt we "should" so that it would not rot. I am sure things would be different if we had a garage, and the car was right here with us and not stored elsewhere. And maybe someday when we do have a garage, I will get another one. But I knowthe guy I sold it to, and I am happy that he has it. He is going to love that thing to death, and use it just the right amount, which is exactly how it should be.

I know, I'm a little less cool now. ;) But I think this was the right thing to do. Now I can play with Jason's '07. Tee hee.

well I didn't think that you would sell it either. Interesting how you just sold your 66 and my fathers will be back on the road soon, I know none of my parents mustangs will ever be sold no matter what, according to my mother anyway.

...I know none of my parents mustangs will ever be sold no matter what...

If it was my dream classic (a '66 red convertible mustang) the story would be the same for me. But this one that I had not being my dream car, I finally decided to go the utilitarian route and cash out for my own "greater good." It really was getting just to that point where it was going to start going to s#!t, because we just werent using it enough. Now, it should have a nice long life as a once-a-week driver.

I feel like I disappointed some people by selling it. Sorry to have shocked and surprised so many. :(

Got any pics of her? I tried clicking the link in your sig but it didn't work.

Sorry to hear that you had to get rid of her.

The '66 you had didn't really excite me. Spoke wheel covers and soft top but me to sleep. You'll find a much cooler car in the future. Now if it was the same car and it had a drop top it would have made a great summer cruiser. Many more out there that you'd want to drive all the time.

Got any pics of her? I tried clicking the link in your sig but it didn't work.

Sorry to hear that you had to get rid of her.

The link works for me. Weird. Anyways, here's a few:

mustang_collage.jpg

Mustang.jpg

...if it was the same car and it had a drop top it would have made a great summer cruiser...

I actually toyed with the idea of turning it into a convertible, but I quickly learned that that would take way too much time and money to be worth it. Much easier to just sell it now, pay off all my bills, and get a convertible at some point in the future when I have a garage to put it in, the time to take care of it properly, and the desire to drive it more than I ever drove this one. :)

how much did you get for it. i coulda "maintained" it for you with my "natural" driving style.

change is good. i'm still toying with the idea of selling the MazdaSpeed and getting something more practical and more *green*, like a turbo diesel mercedes and run it off bio-diesel.

Yeah it was a stocker. Did it have a 289 or a 200 in it? Either way not too exciting to drive unless it was modded out. You probably did a good thing by selling it. Get a better one in the future.

Back