• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Enkei Or52 + Falken Ziex Ze 512 = $599 (215/45/17)

SVT3391

CEG'er
I found this at Edge Racing. Looks good on the wheels. I think 17" is probably the sweet spot given the thin spokes and lip. 18" may look too thin on our cars. 18lb per wheel it's pretty light.

enkei_wheel_or52_(silver)_angle_zoom.jpg

enkei_wheel_or52_(silver)_front_zoom.jpg

Nice wheel, 18lbs is not all that light..... Lighter then a chrome wheel yes.

You probably end up with the same weight of stock wheel, given the increased diameter of the wheel moving the mass outwards

Looks good to me and affordable. Does it come in different colors?

I'm still looking for the right rims to fit the look of my car and narrowed it to black and gunmetal colors for the rims. I still haven't figured out how many spokes I want.

Looks good to me and affordable. Does it come in different colors?

I'm still looking for the right rims to fit the look of my car and narrowed it to black and gunmetal colors for the rims. I still haven't figured out how many spokes I want.

You can always go powder coating. A few of my friends have had their wheels powder coated, and depending on where you go, it's pretty cheap.

They have different color on this rim. However, the price is not as good as this one. The silver one is $89/each, while the anthracite color costs $131/each. So the cheapest combo will be $759, another $160 more.

Personally, I think the silver one is pretty enough.

enkei_wheel_or52_(anthracite)_angle_zoom.jpg

enkei_wheel_or52_(anthracite)_front_zoom.jpg

You probably end up with the same weight of stock wheel, given the increased diameter of the wheel moving the mass outwards

According to Tire Rack, a 2003 stock FSVT wheel is 22.0 lb. For a 17" rim, 18lb is not bad. For 16" rim, this Enkei is 16lb, IIRC.

I think most of the Contour owners want wheels for looks. If you want light wheels, find magnesium alloy rims, IIRC 16"=7.5 lbs=$1600!:shocked:

I may have to powdercoat rims to the color I want, just have to find a shop that does it. But I would have to get rims first.

18lbs is pretty good for a 17" rim, you might find the lightest around 16lbs, the average is 22-24lbs for that size rim.

Back