• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ABS light on

ctmystique

Hard-core CEG'er
Is there a quick and easy way to determine why my ABS light is on? I searched this forum and the archives but came up empty. I know my abs isn't working a hard brake test had my A** end getting loose and coming around on me.

is this before or after what happened the other night? I am willing to be the abs sensor was damaged ... I can swing by after work tonight and take a look with you if your around

I had my ABS light on for one week already.
The first time it came up was after I started the car. When starting the car, the ABS light will always light as a self check. Then it remained on. It later went off several days later after I started the car and drove for 10 yards. But some time it went back on, then off at next start.

After a couple days later, on my way to work (DC 295) I had to slow down (not a hard brake) and when the car was like 5 mile/hr, the light went back on and stayed ever since. I have a code scanner by Actron and it does not read ABS code. The RR side of ABS sensor was put in new several months ago.

Can any one tell me what scanner can show ABS code? I really don't want to bring it to the stealership.

Thanks in advance!

just a thought, do you have an odd sized tire on the car, meaning is it a different size then the others? if so that will "freak" the abs out and should cause an error and trip the system off and the light on ...

Nope. All four brand new (well, 5000 miles on already) 215/50/R16V. Balancing and rotation at 4000 miles.

sorry that was directed at ctmystique .... but if it isn't a sensor check the pulse wheel for junk, if the sensor can't read the pulse wheel it will not work ...

I do believe it was after as my wife didn't know when it came on. Also my AC/heater blower fan quit again. I'm not sure if they are related as a haven't had time to investigate yet. Perhaps a blown fuse?

it could be a fuse, seems like a good place to start. also on the blower motor I had mine act up and when we went to test it inside with a spare battery I am pretty sure we ran it backwards and forwards and after it was fine ... go figure

Back