• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Torco mmmm

Redlineracer12

Addicted CEG'er
Just ordered 6 liters of torco today :) 3 RTF and 3 MTF, I've heard only good things about this stuff so i'm looking forward to some slick shifting here in a couple weeks. I plan on changing it before i am ready to put the car away for the winter. I will have to give it a review after getting it in my car. :)

Just ordered 6 liters of torco today :) 3 RTF and 3 MTF, I've heard only good things about this stuff so i'm looking forward to some slick shifting here in a couple weeks. I plan on changing it before i am ready to put the car away for the winter. I will have to give it a review after getting it in my car. :)

Good to see you took my advice. Tom was the one that recommended it to me in the first place. Much better then anything else I've used. I'm using the MTF though. Just a little FYI you'll only need about 2 3/4 of the 3L you have. Thats all I used with a fill-to-spill on level ground.

So which type are you going to run? Looks like you have enough to do two transmissions there.

Sure do :) I just put the MTF in my probe today. Love it so far! :cool:

Will be putting the RTF in the Contour by this weekend i hope. I figured i'd save on shipping and treat the probe like royalty lol

Torco RTF Specs..... thought I'd share for you Lazy peeps

Torco RTF Specs..... thought I'd share for you Lazy peeps

http://www.torcousa.com/products/productview.aspx?id=0dac8545-1376-48e6-86fb-3a0d571f8af8
Torco RTF summary:

TorcoUSA said:
Product Description
RTF Racing Transmission Fluid is specifically engineered to reduce fluid drag for increased power efficiency without compromising component durability. It is made from a combination of specially selected 100% synthetic Group IV/V base oils proving superior shear resistance and extreme temperature stability. RTF is specially formulated to exceed the load-carrying and extreme pressure wear protection properties of higher viscosity GL-5 or GL-6 gear oils. RTF provides anti-score protection for high speed, high load and high torque shock-loading conditions, while allowing smooth operation of synchronizers.
Features & Benefits
- Group IV/V 100% Synthetic Formula
- Maximizes power throughput
- Reduces gear box temperatures
- Superior level of shock load, EP and wear protection
Typical Uses
Recommended for manual transmissions, transaxles and marine outdrive units where an SAE 75W90, 80W90 or 90 is specified. Also replaces SAE motor oil 10W30, 30, 10W40 or 40 where specified for transmissions. Commonly used in circle track (Winston Cup, Busch, modified, stock), road racing, formula, open wheel (Champ Cars, IRL Cars), off road, drag racing, sports compact street and domestic performance street applications. Highly recommended for achieving maximum power efficiency. Excellent for dry sump and fluid drive gear cases. Note: RTF is specifically recommended for Richmond Gear Racing Transmissions.
Meets or Exceeds
API GL-6
Available Sizes
1 Liter, 5 Gallon Pails, 55 Gallon Drums

Back