• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fitting a 65mm TB

PuckPuck

CEG'er
So I've had this TB for a while, but never actually tried to fit it until last night...

So none of the holes line up, to make it worse the PVC line coming out the bottom of the intake would interfere with the TB, meaning I would have to cut a corner off the TB to make it fit, and I still would need to figure out a way to mount it.

So I started thinking... I am the only one to do this, that is fitting a 65mm TB onto the 2.5L aluminum intake?

I might need a spacer of some type which has holes to line up with the intake holes. These holes would be set in so that the screws could mount flush. The same spacer would also have holes for the 65mm TB, which I could use nut and bolt to fasten. I could then carve the spacer in such a way to not interfere with the PCV line coming out of the intake.

I'm not sure exactly where it came from, was a while ago. I thought it came from a mustang. Here are some pics of the TB.

On the back it has a 96 and 50L stamped on it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sorry for the lack of picture quality, my wife has the camera with her at work, and this is the best my camera phone can do

Attachments

• img012.jpg
    img012.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 0
  • img014.jpg
    img014.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 0
So I've had this TB for a while, but never actually tried to fit it until last night...

So none of the holes line up, to make it worse the PVC line coming out the bottom of the intake would interfere with the TB, meaning I would have to cut a corner off the TB to make it fit, and I still would need to figure out a way to mount it.

So I started thinking... I am the only one to do this, that is fitting a 65mm TB onto the 2.5L aluminum intake?

I might need a spacer of some type which has holes to line up with the intake holes. These holes would be set in so that the screws could mount flush. The same spacer would also have holes for the 65mm TB, which I could use nut and bolt to fasten. I could then carve the spacer in such a way to not interfere with the PCV line coming out of the intake.

Sure sounds like you have a 65mm t-body for a pushrod 302 motor. The TPS is different and the IAC is integral to the t-body. How do I know? I have a Fox body Mustang with a 65mm t-body in my driveway.

Don't waste your time fooling around with it-it's simply not worth the effort. If you want a near bolt up, get a t-body from a 4.6 SOHC Mustang. It has the correct mounting "footprint", although the linkage fulcrum is incorrect and you'll need an additional helper return throttle spring plus you'll have to resolve the gasket issue.

Last edited:
Sure sounds like you have a 65mm t-body for a pushrod 302 motor. The TPS is different and the IAC is integral to the t-body. How do I know? I have a Fox body Mustang with a 65mm t-body in my driveway.

Don't waste your time fooling around with it-it's simply not worth the effort. If you want a near bolt up, get a t-body from a 4.6 SOHC Mustang. It has the correct mounting "footprint", although the linkage fulcrum is incorrect and you'll need an additional helper return throttle spring plus you'll have to resolve the gasket issue.

now that makes sense... looks like i'm off to go find me another TB...

The 65mm TB that works "should be from" any 96-02 SOHC 4.6L V8 (non-truck) Ford made.

Crown Vics, Marquis, Mustangs, etc....

Maybe newer one too??? I stopped looking.

Back