• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Today is new car day

Horse

CEG'er
Yep - you read correctly.

I am going to meet the PO at the Harts truck stop tonight at 6pm.

What car did I buy you may ask?
Its been a personal favorite since it came out in 1996.
It does come from the GM stable.

Now guess.
:)

You could get 35 year old Chevrolet Corvair wagons in 1996. It must be that.

Enjoy your new Lakewood, man!

1962%20Chevrolet%20Corvair%20Lakewood%20Station%20Wagon2.jpg

Congrads, nice big car. I like those cars a lot, and with a supercharger, your looking at an M5 killer. GM parts bin too, so no problem finding parts.

17mpg City ! For 10k, I would have got a TY. But to each his own. Car looks very clean. Goto love a big V8. -B.

So you've seen it in person first. Excellent. If you are planning on modding it I have a little bit of knowledge of the platform I can share.

mods - dunno - its so sweet and unmolested I may just leave it be.

Only mods are sequential taillights, front badge and Borla IIRC.

But - its always a possibility.
What ya got?

The ECU is very tempermental. I once saw a guy go through two of them in one night on the dyno trying to reflash. Find a guy who is good to do it for you if you have any plans. The heads from what I've heard are kind of restrictive. The highest hp LT I've seen was in the 350whp neighborhood and that was a firehawk. There is a decent ram induction system that every Impala I've seen has around here. Not sure who makes it but it looks pretty good.

If you are happy with the get up an go, which it sounds like you are, don't touch it.

My LT1 I had was stroked to a 6.0L and a powerdyne supercharger was added with only 6psi. I had 450WHP and it was real quick. But I understand wanting to leave it stock . . . . . My wife is the same way with her Regal. I sneak some good mods in when she is not looking.

Thank goodness I have 3 other cars to tinker* with. Nice ride, post a sound clip. LT1 sound awesome with a good exhaust system. -B.

Drove her home last night, talk about effortless speed.

All I had to do was tickle the gas pedal and I would go from 65-75.

Me = Happy

What, no massive pics!? First the jump to GM only, and now you aren't overloading my monitor with Impala goodness!? It's like I don't even know you anymore :(

LMAO!!!

I need to get batteries for my camera - and the car needs a complete clay/wax cycle.

Hopefully saturday will be detailing day!

what do you mean? I think the Impala's are cool. I don't think I'd buy one...just b/c I already did the GM stuff with the LS1. I think I am going to try to keep the cars I have for a while now.

Back