• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1/4 mile video

3L
st220 UIM
65mm mustang tb
custom intake pipe
msds headers/y-pipe
stock svt cat
svt exhaust with magnaflow mufflers
spec clutch/flywheel
adc chip
EDIT: + SVT Cams!

Last edited:
This is a full oval port I assume.... Do you have much headwork done? Seeing you run these times, I can't help but think you're making some decent power. Just trying to see where your .4 & 3mph difference from my times are coming from. My 14.49 @ 96mph came with a 2.13 60' time. This was with 196whp & 190wtq. I should be in the 14.2 @ 97/98 range with the 65mm T/B and tune, at 206whp & 195wtq. Too much to think about!!!:crazy:

Mark

Complete oval port FTW!!! Stock escape heads with no head work done at all... ;)
My 60' times really sucked too 2.212 was the best with drag radials, the launch pad is just terrible not cleaned and no vht

Then I have to contribute it to a freak 3L!! Most guys with similar setups are ~200whp, considering untouched heads and a mail order tune. I'm thinking the ST200 UIM and lightweight wheels are what helped you go from a 14.2 to 14.0. Basically, I'm trying to justify why I'm not running similar times, as neither 3L setup(oval port or hybrid) has PROVEN better gains over the other with untouched heads and similar bolt-ons. My 60' time was a full 1/10th quicker, but I was still 4/10th's slower than you. Hmmmm....

Mark

Last year I pulled a 14.39@97.23 not 14.2 My intake pipe was probably the biggest restriction which I fixed since last year... The manifold probably helped out the most since the runners are much larger than the taurus UIM...
Just to make it more interesting I also have a CEL for both banks running rich!

I'll be back with some 13 second slips soon, I could of pulled one this past weekend if it didn't start to rain :blackeye:

Whats your exact setup? What are your 1/8 times?

Last edited:
Very very nice! I'm hoping for those times as well but we'll see.
I need to try and hit the strip in the next couple of weeks (never been).
I need a torsen...:)

BTW I've always been a fan of your car...hotness. Nice wheels as well!

Last year I pulled a 14.39@97.23 not 14.2

Whats your exact setup? What are your 1/8 times?

Hmmm, I could have swore your last sig said 14.2X and you had a video to back it up. :shrug:

My setup:
3L Hybrid - 2000 Taurus
MSDS headers & Y-Pipe
Bassani catback w/ Magnaflow res.
65mm T/B
CTA 3" intake pipe
stock MAF w/ MAF adapter and 8" K&N
DMD
Energy Suspension poly roll restrictor insert.
Quaife, SPEC stage 1, Fidanza flywheel
Koni's on full stiff + Eibach springs
17x7 wheels(16lbs each) w/ 225/45/17 Bridgestone RE-070's

SVT heads are untouched. Still have the 2.5L valves. Intake manifolds have not had any additional E/H'ing done either.

I hope you get on the dyno soon, so I can see how much power you're making!! :laugh:

Mark

Nima,

I think you and chris wong should ride down here with aaron and 1fastdad for the EGL Dyno day on the 28th

Back