• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wtf?!?

diviniti

CEG'er
Tonight I figured I would change the spark plugs.
I got some Double Plat Autolite's from AZ for $18. (friend..discount..)

I took the first plug out, and said WTF!? It already had them in it. And by the looks of them, they still have a lot of life left on them. But I figured with the discount and mail in rebate, I'm only paying around 10 bux for them. So I throw them in anyway.

But as I got to the back row middle plug... I seen this...

plug.jpg

WOW. None of the plugs were gapped but that is just a little ridiculous.
I took it for a drive after, and thought "wow, feels like an extra cylinder".

Oh, I also tinted the front windows, cause I think just the back 3 tinted looks retarded. Yes, I know its illegal, No I don't care. Its only 35% anyway. I think I am going to yank it off and do 20%.

tint1.jpg

tint3.jpg

Sorry for the low quality.. Cell phone..

That plug doesn't look like it wasn't gapped, it looks like something happened to it. I don't recall exactly what causes that though, I'll have to go check my Hayes manual.

That plug doesn't look like it wasn't gapped, it looks like something happened to it. I don't recall exactly what causes that though, I'll have to go check my Hayes manual.

der... I know.. It was a little humor.. :crazy:

My guess is, because of the location of the plug, whoever put them in, just dropped it into the cylinder and jammed the socket on top of it. With both of those, it could surely end up looking the way it does. Obviously they didn't know because it was already torqued down.

Tint job doesn't look too bad for a homeade job (without seeing the lines up close)--

Thanks.

Yeah it's hard to see with the crappy picture, but the edges are nice and crispy. I guess you could call it a 'homemade' job. But its far from being my first tint job. Ive never done it professionally or nothing like that, but I can hang with the rest of 'em. Even though I used gila film (shhhhhhh). I guess its fine. Cheap and will last at least 1-2 years before turning blurple. I dunno, since I think the 35% isn't dark enough and want to goto 20%, maybe I'll order a roll of llumar film. :shrug: Actually, the back 3 windows are starting to look like crap, so I might just re-do them all.

Back