• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Worst Contour Ever!

96MystiqueGS

Veteran CEG'er
While down at Harry's I came across this beauty ::barf::

junkyard3.jpg

junkyard2.jpg

junkyard1.jpg

I would have taken more, but my stomach couldn't handle all that rice. Every single trim piece was painted red. The doors that remained are shaved. The trunk looks like :censored:. The seats were gone, as well as exhaust, front and rear bumpers and motor. Remnants of an SVT front bumper and the lower grille can be found inside the car, leading me to believe this was a tortured SVT. Engine bay is Silver Frost. So sad...

maybe rice with the color choices and graphics, but neat to see someone take the time to shave the door handles and customize the trunk...someone cared about the car at some point to put that much work into it...:)

^ It appears that they did put some work into the car. Not my taste but...

Eww.

What's left of the engine?
Looks like none of the interior parts are any good. :(

Other than 2 doors (maybe 3) the only things left are literally what you see and a few more trim pieces torn off inside the car. Engine bay has been stripped clean.

Edit: Only 2 doors. Transmission is gone, suspension has been stripped front and rear. I'm guessing it had adjustable Koni's because I found the adjustment knob inside the car. Rear calipers are still there if any one is interested.

Last edited:
Figures.
Did they have anything else decent up there?

for future reference...any vin with a "G" in it is an SVT, just so you'll know next time you're on the spot.

i might have been interested int he shaved doors if i has an SVT...especially if there was popper mechanism's! though i doubt it, still saving on body work - though you'd still need paint. meh i dunno...

Last edited:
Mostly pre-98's. I did find a few things inside the trunk of that Silver Frost SVT we stripped down during the meet...2 jack point covers. One is going on my side skirts and the other is going on the classifieds. Other than that I found a good grille and saw a few headlights with all mounting tabs on them, but did not buy them. Slim pickings today. Got very sun burned while out there.

for future reference...and vin with a "G" in it is an SVT, just so you'll know next time you're on the spot.

i might have been interested int he shaved doors if i has an SVT...especially if there was popper mechanism's! though i doubt it, still saving on body work - though you'd still need paint. meh i dunno...

I thought "G" was for SVT, but was not sure. I don't know if the doors had poppers, and I'm not sure what to look to find out. The doors looked alright (minus the graphics and bad color choice) but the trunk looked absolutely horrible.

It was a good day for a sunburn but also a good junkyard day, there was a nice breeze. It wasn't too hot out either.

At least you got some good parts out of there.

The trunk actually looks decent in the picture. I wouldn't put it on my car anytime soon, but it does look different.

Back