• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2.5L put to rest

BAD SVT

Addicted CEG'er
Well guyz... The worst has happened. I just became part of the "ruined pistons by forced induction" statistic. Remember my yell 4 help regarding the oil spill a few days ago on the troubleshootin thread? Turns out one of the pistons are shot! Didnt even get to enjoy the turbo kit really. Its gonna be $2000 or more regardless to get it running fine again. Think i should just go 3L at this point? Or should i just replace the pistons with forged ones? I've counted ma losses. I've shed ma tears. Should i put ma 2.5 to rest?

someone just pmd me telling me a bad tune could've caused the piston to be chopped off at the top. I dont think that could be it. No one has had any complaints about joey n tom's tune, right?

just a bit more backround on your car; how many miles on it? how long did you have the kit on it before the motor **** the bed? :ponder:

i think warmonger has proved that stock pistons and rods can handle some impressive power. depends on how big the OP wants to go though...

his engine ran 12.1 on the dyno perfect I run 12.5 on mine but I have EGT and so on. Julian I am going to tell you what I think happened and this is why guys I stress you must have widebands it is the best prevention for detonation. Julian car had a problem the rear valve cover vent popped off since the rubber is worn and swolloen. The two blowby vents are plumbed back into the intake where they should be since the air is measured by the MAF. Now when he lost the connection Guess what happened the air was being sucked from Atmosphere so the engine leaned out because the turbo sucked in the air unmeasured causing the engine to lean out past 12.1 more like into the 13's because a 3/8 ID leak on boosted motor on the suction side can really draw in some CFM easily. Now I am sorry to hear this Julian I wish you could have enjoyed it more. I also wish everyone would buy the wideband because $200 is cheaper than a engine.

How did you verify the engine was bad did he do a CR check Julian?

his engine ran 12.1 on the dyno perfect I run 12.5 on mine but I have EGT and so on. Julian I am going to tell you what I think happened and this is why guys I stress you must have widebands it is the best prevention for detonation. Julian car had a problem the rear valve cover vent popped off since the rubber is worn and swolloen. The two blowby vents are plumbed back into the intake where they should be since the air is measured by the MAF. Now when he lost the connection Guess what happened the air was being sucked from Atmosphere so the engine leaned out because the turbo sucked in the air unmeasured causing the engine to lean out past 12.1 more like into the 13's because a 3/8 ID leak on boosted motor on the suction side can really draw in some CFM easily. Now I am sorry to hear this Julian I wish you could have enjoyed it more. I also wish everyone would buy the wideband because $200 is cheaper than a engine.

How did you verify the engine was bad did he do a CR check Julian?

Joey's right guys. I didn't realize that rear valve was open. It detonated. Ironic thing is ma wideband, oil pressure, n boost guage was already ordered. :( I guess 3L it is.

I bought my AEM wideband brand new off ebay for just over $200 shipped! Look around Robert! :) That sucks about your car Badsvt... but this really is the best thing that could have happened to you! 3L is way more fun! My opinion is to just drop in a stock 3L with SVT cams and have a blast. Forged 3L's haven't proved to be anymore reliable than stock 3L's! This kit on a 3L is absolutely nuts!

Reebs, you need to stop with this garbage, the more I see you post the more I want the Nautilus kit. But, at the same time I want to see how Joey's supercharger kit goes.

Reebs, you need to stop with this garbage, the more I see you post the more I want the Nautilus kit. But, at the same time I want to see how Joey's supercharger kit goes.

:D Your welcome. :D I am very curious to see more details and pics of his supercharger setup, but my vote for you is still turbo!

dead 2.5

dead 2.5

I bought my AEM wideband brand new off ebay for just over $200 shipped! Look around Robert! :) That sucks about your car Badsvt... but this really is the best thing that could have happened to you! 3L is way more fun! My opinion is to just drop in a stock 3L with SVT cams and have a blast. Forged 3L's haven't proved to be anymore reliable than stock 3L's! This kit on a 3L is absolutely nuts!

yeah... i know. It sucks considering i only drove that thing three times. It wuz the best three drives of ma svt tho, i'll tell u that! TURBO'd GUYZ, GET A WIDEBAND!!! Learn from me! Heres a picture. This is where she'll sit covered for the next month or two.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa316/geejay4ever/carprob.jpg

Make no mistake guyz... BAD SVT shall rise again as a mean breathin' 3L turbo! BAD SVT signing off!

Back