• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Question about indiglo gauge hook-ups

wa2tuff

CEG'er
I've got the indiglo gauges from a group buy a couple years ago. Each one (main gauge pod, headlight, and HVAC) has it's own transformer. Each one is a slightly different shade of blue. The main gauge pod is the shade I want. I've got y-adapters so I can put all three into one transformer. If I put all of them into the one transformer, will it change color, lighter or darker, or will it stay the same? I'd like to know before I remove the pod.

If all of them are connected to the same inverter, they *should* have the same color. You have 4 main gauge overlays and they are the same, right? I'm not sure if it's possible or not that the overlays themselves might slightly alter the displayed color though. Either way, I'm sure it would be less than the inverter variances.

What he said ^^^^

The inverters for the gauges is very sensitive to load, so by plugging all of them into one it inverter they should all look the same, but they will probably all be a little dimmer.

OK, I'm gonna change my sidemarkers this afternoon, and if I feel like it, I'll do the gauges. If not, probably next Sunday. Thanks for all the useful input.

Back