• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dash Repair

Luke_Miller

CEG'er
I need to have my dash repaired. I called the local Ford Dealer and I was quoted $810 for the job. $110 for repair kit and $700 for labor. Does that sound about right? Is the job really that hard, i.e. to hard for a relative beginner to do it? TIA.

I was quoted $75 for the dash repair kit (for dash warp) and I think some one had said some where on here said that the labor was only about $150 or less. I don't have the exact number for the kit, but I might have it written down some where.

God what a pain in the ass, you can nearly put in a whole new dash with all that work.

Another option would be to grab the trim piece that runs across the edge of the dash on a Mystique and install that to fix the dash warp. I'll look for the thread about that method...I don't think anything had to be removed (dash or windshield) to do it.

Another option would be to grab the trim piece that runs across the edge of the dash on a Mystique and install that to fix the dash warp. I'll look for the thread about that method...I don't think anything had to be removed (dash or windshield) to do it.

Except it looks like a hack job like that.

The 95-98.5 dash trim is fitted for THAT dash but will never look the same mounted on a 99-00 dash.

Back