• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Phenomenal Ad

Pienstars

Veteran CEG'er
orig.jpg

There's an ad similar to that in the brochure for that year :cool: Some of the ads they had were pretty cool!

I have no problems with it. Mine sounds fine. Sure it doesn't play MP3's or have trunk-rattling bass, but it can still be heard at 100+ mph with the windows open.

Audio level and quality are 2 different things. The CD player also got hot and would quit or give errors.

Interesting how that stereo is the biggest POS ever made tho..

That's the same thing going through my head as I read it. They act like they are bragging but the stock radio really $ucked. First thing to go in mine.

That's the same thing going through my head as I read it. They act like they are bragging but the stock radio really $ucked. First thing to go in mine.

I agree 100%. It was the second thing I changed in my Tour. I went with tinted windows first.

mines aftermarket and i never use it....i have the iPod connector to override the radio...and my speakers work.

Audio level and quality are 2 different things. The CD player also got hot and would quit or give errors.
No need for past tense, thats still the case for me. I really need to get off my ass and do something about it one of these days.

my stock radio didn't work right the day i got it. i put in a cd and it ate it! it wouldn't eject no matter what i did! until i punched it, then it spit it out.

first thing to go on my car was the stock HU.

EDIT: although the sony CDX m600 (or something) i had in there quit on me, and the pioneer i replaced it with used to get hot and shut off as well...only when playing cd's though.

i loved the sony though! the way it folded away flat was awesome...

Back