• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thought I share my new Product soon

I wish it was dead but I am invested over $2k in it so no I will build one I am just not working on it at the moment because I have paying people waiting sorry. joey

I would be a paying customer if you gave me a chance :shrug: (that doesn't sound right at all.) Actually, I have 3500 set aside for my fusion right now, to get a kit, I've been talking with blackcoog to see if his kit will work, and I got all the pics he asked for posted so it's in his court now.

I've been talking with blackcoog to see if his kit will work, and I got all the pics he asked for posted so it's in his court now.

I don't have a Fusion to build the kit off of. You mentioned you would look for someone in my area interested in the kit and you never replied. I'm busy at the moment with 3L swaps. Work should slow down here shortly though.

If you want the roots style charger it will give you instant boost if you want Vortec supercharger just get a turbo it is easier to plumb and do then the either supercharger kit. I will still develop the supercharger I just have some cars here I have to finish first R&D always seems to be last on the list but I know I am overdue now I am apologize I will call tomorrow to see if the injector sleeves the remainder of the set is done he made me one last month to verify before he built the other ones so I will call him and see if he is done with the last five. If is done I just need to get the manifold welded together for testing. Thanks for the support

You mentioned you would look for someone in my area interested in the kit and you never replied.

Ya, I dropped the ball there:blackeye:. I'll post on the Fusion sites I go to see if anyone can get to you. Could you PM me with costs/how long you'll need the car and any other info that would be pertinent to the person that would be down for bringing you their car? Thanks in advance for the help and have a good one.

I'm all for roots style supercharging nothing like peak HP at 2000 rpm torque at 2800 rpm(see 89 thunderbird SC power stats Chiltons or magnumpowers.com ) plus these style suprechargers look way better than any available UIMs. If you can pull this off I'll definately have to get one. I'm rooting for you!!!!

i hate to open up on my secrets, but i think i can make one of these work. i'm not going to worry about the hood clearance. what i'm going to do is cut diagonally, a 3L aluminum split port UIM. then i'm going to box it in and put a plate on the top of it. the supercharger will sit much like joey's design but the intake runners will be of the 3L manifold. its hard to explain but when i cut it you'll see what i mean. if the width im' assuming will work, its only going to take a pre fabricated plate to be welded to the UIM and a custom piece to go from supercharger to the throttle body. i'm going to try it this winter and see how i can do with it. don't tear me apart on it, i have it all measured out and set up. i just have to get someone to do the aluminum welding on everything and see if i can possibly make it line up so that i can use a stacked pulley off the power steering much like backcoog's kit.

FYI the power steering pump stacking was from the Thomas Knight kit not our 3L Duratec kit. Initially I tried the power steering pulley but we switched to the crank pulley before the kit was finished and went up on our site. The power steering pump can't handle the belt tension needed to keep a supercharger pulley from slipping. The seal gives out and the pump leaks after a while.

i'll have to run it off of the crank pulley then. how did you get a pulley onto there? stack one and bolt it in the three holes on the crank pulley?

i'll have to run it off of the crank pulley then. how did you get a pulley onto there? stack one and bolt it in the three holes on the crank pulley?

Yes.....sho-shop did this when they sold there crank pulley.

yeah i guess that''d work. i'll have to look at chris's tensioner to get some ideas for that. i'm not gonna use the blower if i ever did get one to work i just want to see if i can do it and give the idea to joey to have manfiolds made. i'll be getting a turbo kit this winter anyways :)

Hey tricker. Do you have port matched heads? Because if not, jag xtype intake manifolds are aluminum and oval port. You could also cut them paralel instead of diagangley.

Back