• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Duratec Finally gave up

DanMystique

CEG'er
I was driving back from my girlfriends house and i was cruising 112mph in third gear at 6000 rpms and i got back into town and i heard a rattling sound and i pulled up to my apartment and popped the hood and i discovered that i was 3 quarts low on oil and i had spun 3 rod bearings and at that time it wasnt knocking to loud so i tried to blow it up driving around town so bounced it off the rev limiter for 7 blocks and it wouldnt blow so i killed it cuz it was running very hot and tried to start it back up i cranked on it for 30 minutes and fried the starter so now i think im going to pull it and rebuild this week anybody know where i can get some good name brand parts like; (clevite bearings, rings, oil pump etc.)

i was cruising 112mph in third gear at 6000 rpms and i heard a rattling sound and i popped the hood and i discovered that i was 3 quarts low on oil and i had spun 3 rod bearings and i tried to blow it up driving around town so bounced it off the rev limiter for 7 blocks and it wouldnt blow

1. Congratulations! You're a retard...

2. Why would you intentionally destroy an engine when it started to go if you plan on rebuilding it?

3. Posting about going over legal speed limits WILL get you banned.

PS you didn't use a single period in that super long run-on.

Good luck with that. Cheaper to get another 2.5 and drop it in. Grab one out of an 01 or 02 Cougar with low miles.

This has to be the dumbest post I've ever seen. Due to your stupidity, you may not even be able to rebuild your engine. Once it started to go you should've quit driving the car. And nobody thinks your "cool" because you were going 112 mph. Some of the cars on this board are capable of much higher speeds but we don't drive like asshats on public roads. Good luck. :nonono:

And how exactly do you know you spun 3 rod bearings, did you pull your oil pan and check?!? This thread is a joke.

No need -- you can just ballpark that, you know. Actually, as Cliff Clavin would say, here's "a little known fact, my friend." If you take the cap off the coolant reservoir and look in there at a 45 degree angle, you can see the rod bearings in the reflection. At that point, its easy to tell if any are spun.

The last thing I would ever do to a car that was obviously hurting is try to hurt it more. Anything you do to make it worse simply will make more work for you. Plus, its not fair to the car. Common sense prevails.

I'm surprised that you didn't kill your transaxle. If you've been driving around with overdrive off to stay in 3rd at high speeds a lot, you're probably on the way to toasting your CD4E. If I were you, I would look for a new car as it sounds abused or a used engine/CD4E combo... and don't abuse overdrive lockout, that's not what it's for.

If you want control over your transaxle, get a manual.

I was very leary of purchasing an SVT or any sportier car, just due to the fact that people like this guy are out there, that purposely beat on their cars. I can see giving the car every once in a while, but not like this clown. I ended up getting a 1 owner 98, that is in perfect running condition. I was amazed! Take care of your car, and it will take care of you!!

Adam

Back